Pan 20 Mg
US Brand Name
Alkem Laboratories, India
Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Pan 20 Mg:
Pantoprazole is the generic version for Pan 20 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Pan 20 mg (Pantoprazole):
About Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Pan 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, a proton pump inhibitor which is used in the treatment of Acidity, Heartburn, and Intestinal Ulcers. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pan 20 mg.
Pan 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, 20 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Pan 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Acidity/ Indigestion
- Intestinal or Other Ulcers
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
How Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole) Works:
Pan 20 mg has an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, a proton pump inhibitor (PPI). It basically reduces the amount of acid in the stomach which helps in relief of acid-related Indigestion and Heartburn.
Before You Use Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pantoprazole
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole):
You should avoid Pan 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Pantoprazole
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Do not feel better even after taking it for 14 days (it may indicate any other problem which needs attention)
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have Osteoporosis as Pan 20 mg can reduce the Calcium Levels in the body
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Pan 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, which is used in the treatment of all types of Ulcer and Acidity disease and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Pan 20 mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Pan 20 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It may take a few days to start its action so you may take an antacid for quick relief during this period.
How Much Of The Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Pan 20 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Pan 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 1 hour before the meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole)
You are always advised to take Pan 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Pan 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pan 20 Mg (Pantoprazole)
- Altered sense of taste
- Runny Nose and Cough
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Skin Rash
- Abdominal Pain
- Injection Site Thrombophlebitis
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Pan 20 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Pan 20 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Any Infection
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Pan 20 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Pan 20 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.