Pentaloc 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Pentaloc 40 Mg:
Pantoprazole is the generic version for Pentaloc 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Pentaloc 40 mg (Pantoprazole):
About Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Pentaloc 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Pantoprazole, a proton pump inhibitor which is used in the treatment of Acidity, Heartburn, and Intestinal Ulcers. You can buy this prescription based drug from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pentaloc 40 mg.
Pentaloc 40 mg contains Pantoprazole, 40 mg per tablet as an active ingredient which is available in the various strengths and other substitutes with several strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Pentaloc 40 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Acidity/ Indigestion
- Intestinal or Other Ulcers
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Gastroesophagal Reflux Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
How Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole) Works:
Pantoprazole belongs to a class of proton pump inhibitor which is present in Pentaloc 40 mg tablet and helps in reducing the amount of acid in the stomach thus provides relief in acid related Indigestion and Heartburn problems.
Before You Use Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pantoprazole
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, herbal or vitamin Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid smoking and fast food
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole):
You should avoid Pentaloc 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Do not feel better even after taking it for 14 days (it indicates any other problem which needs attention)
- Have any Heart Diseases
- Have Osteoporosis as Pentaloc can reduce the Calcium Levels in the body
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Pentaloc 40 mg contains Pantoprazole which is used in the treatment of all type of Ulcer and Acidity problems and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Pentaloc 40 mg is well tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you must consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Pentaloc 40 mg at a fixed time, before food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It may take few days to start its action so you may take an antacid for quick relief during this period. It is also recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding ladies.
How Much Of The Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Pentaloc 40 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole):
Pentaloc 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it 1 hour before the meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole)
Patients are always advised to take Pentaloc 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop taking in between the course even if you are feeling better or not.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency center immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, skin allergies, etc.
A missed dose of Pentaloc 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pentaloc 40 Mg (Pantoprazole)
- Altered sense of taste
- Runny Nose and Cough
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Skin Rash
- Abdominal Pain
- Injection Site Thrombophlebitis
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Pentaloc 40 mg may interact with few medicines you are already taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You must inform and discuss with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Pentaloc 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Any Infection
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in any diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine must be taken
- Keep out of reach of children
- Read the information on leaflet or insert of the medicine carefully
- Do not use expired tablets or medicines.
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and the strength of the tablet
Do not stop Pentaloc 40 mg in between the course or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician for the better effects.
Store the Pentaloc 40 mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.