Pioglit MF Forte 15+850 Mg
USA Brand Name
Pioglitazone + Metformin
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)
What Is The Generic Name For Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg?
Pioglitazone+Metformin is the generic version for Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
- Actoplus Met
About Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg contains active ingredients, Metformin 850 mg and Pioglitazone 15 mg, which is very effective medicine used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. You may find it at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg.
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg containinng Metformin 850 mg and Pioglitazone 15mg is also available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
- Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg is used in the treatment of:
- Type II Diabetes
How Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin) Works?
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg is an antidiabetic drug which has:
- Metformin which basically decreases the increased glucose Levels in the Blood and increase the sensitivity of Insulin, and
- Pioglitazone basically increases the body's sensitivity to insulin, a natural substance that helps control blood sugar levels
Before You Use Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin):
Make sure that you are not:
- Taking Alcohol
- Having liver or kidney disease
- Having intestinal disorders
- Have lactic acidosis problem
- Have any other severe disease or abnormality
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid High Fat Diet
- You should avoid delaying of meals
- You should avoid other Medicines without prescriptions
WhenNotToUsePioglit MF Forte (15+850)Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
You should not take Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy due Metformin or Pioglitazone
- Have severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have Asthma or Breathing Problems
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have severe Intestinal Problems
- Are taking any other medication which can react with it causing adverse effects
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Diarrhea or Septicemia
- Have Asthma or Breathing Problem
- Have any Heart Problem/Heart Failure
- Have Bladder cancer
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Tell your doctor about all the pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, and Medications you are taking.
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg contains active ingredients, Pioglitazone and Metformin, used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. Pioglit MF Forte is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person which can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg at a fixed time preferably with food or as instructed by your Doctor. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions to take Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg. Do not start taking medicine on your own.
How To Take The Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg dose is to be taken at a fixed time preferably with Food (to avoid Stomach Upset) or as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the whole tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
You are always advised to take Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in smaller or higher dose or for a longer time than recommended. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly as this may cause adverse effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an overdose or visit your nearby hospital for an emergency.
You should try to take every dose of Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg at a fixed time regularly. A missed dose of Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the doses if you missed once as it may cause serious side effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) Mg (Pioglitazone+Metformin)?
- Weight gain
- Blurred Vision
- Bone fracture
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Frequent Urination
- Lactic Acidosis
- Chest discomfort
- Abdominal Pain
- Altered Taste
- Belching and Heartburn
- Swollen joint
- Loss of Appetite
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg. It can produce some adverse effects or may cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other medication, Herbal Supplements or other Food. It has been reported for the interactions with the following medicines:
- Iodinated Contrast Media
- Aloe Vera
- Insulin injection
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Liver Disease
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Bladder cancer
- Lactic Acidosis
Warning And Precaution:
Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg is to be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity/Severe Allergy
- Liver Impairment
- Lactic Acidosis
- Ovulation in premenopausal anovulatory women
- Excessive Alcohol Intake
- Type I Diabetes
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult with your doctor to get best possible treatment as Doses will be adjusted according to the severity and complexity of the Disease.
- Do not take/ discontinue the medicine at the time of or before an iodinated contrast imaging procedure in patients
Things To Remember:
- You should go for regular Blood Sugar Test and Liver Function Test (if required)
- Always carry some candies to avoid sudden Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose)
- Always follow a good diet plan and exercise in routine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet/label of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding dose, time and strength of the medicine.
- It is better to do Exercise daily and take planned and controlled Diets with this Medicine. Do not keep on fasting yourself, it will lead to hypoglycemia.
- Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Pioglit MF Forte (15+850) mg at room temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure the strips of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.