Posid 100 Mg Capsule
USA Brand Name
VePesid / VP-16
Cadila Pharmaceuticals, India
Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide)
What Is The Generic Name For Posid:
Etoposide is the generic version for Posid
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
- VePesid / VP-16
About Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
Posid 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Etoposide, which is used in the treatment of small cell lung cancer and testicular cancer. This prescription-only drug is available at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Cadila Pharmaceuticals, India is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Posid 100 mg.
Posid 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Etoposide, 50 mg per capsule which is available in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
Posid 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
How Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide) Works:
Etoposid partly is an anti-cancer agent which suppresses the activity of topoisomerase II (an enzyme) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. Thus, it slows the cancer cells and kills them.
Before You Use Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Etoposide
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid getting any cut or injury to the skin
- Avoid being in contact with people having an infection or inflammation
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
You should not use Posid 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have recently received radiotherapy or any other cytotoxic agent
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant
- You must always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Blood Problems and Diabetes
- Have Liver/ Kidney Problems
- Had have any infection or received any vaccination
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Have recently received chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Posid 100 mg contains Etoposide, which is used in the treatment of testicular cancer and small cell lung cancer. Posid 100 mg is a prescription-only drug and may be available in various strengths and other substitutes. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and children below18 yrs of age. It is strictly contraindicated for the pregnant/Breastfeeding women and healthy people should not come in contact of this medicine as well as the patient taking this medicine as it may be harmful.
How Much Of The Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Posid 100 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects. Also, do not reduce the dose yourself.
How To Take The Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide):
Posid 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and is to be taken empty stomach with water. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide)
You are always advised to take Posid 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a shorter or longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like bone marrow and hematological toxicity, abdominal pain, diarrhea, abnormal hepatic function, etc. Overdose can be overcome by adopting the right measures in case of oral overdose.
There are very fewer chances of overdose from an injection as it is given by the doctor or nurse in a medical facility but if somehow it happens then precautions at medical facility can be taken.
Do not give your medicine to others and avoid yourself in being contact with person having flu or infections.
A missed dose of Posid 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Posid 100 Mg Capsule (Etoposide)
- Nausea /Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Liver toxicity or abnormal liver function
- Decreased blood cells count or Anemia
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
- Hair loss
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormal Liver function
- Heart attack
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Posid 100 mg effects may interact with other medicines or other products you are using. This interaction can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Bone marrow Suppression
Warning And Precaution:
Posid 100 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Hypersensitivity/ Allergy
- Live vaccines
- Bone marrow suppression (Myelosuppression)
- Rapid intravenous injection
- Pediatric use
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Infections and inflammations
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of blood cell count is needed while taking this medicine
- Keep out of sight as well as the reach of children
- Do not use expired products
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the capsule
Do not stop taking/miss the dose of Posid 100 mg in between the course or do not increase or decrease the dose on your own. Strictly follow your doctor’s instructions.