Posid 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid)
What Is The Generic Name For Posid:
Etoposid is the generic version for Posid
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Posid 50 mg (Etoposid):
About Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid):
Posid 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Etoposid, which is used in the treatment of small cell lung cancer and testicular cancer. This prescription only drug is available at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Cadila (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Posid 50 mg.
Posid 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Etoposid, 50 mg per capsule which is available in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid):
Posid 50 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
How Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid) Works:
Etoposid partly is an anti-cancer agent which suppresses the activity of topoisomerase II (an enzyme) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. Thus, it slows the cancer cells and kills them.
Before You Use Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Etoposid
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid getting any cut or injury to the skin
- Avoid being in contact with people having any infection or inflammation
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid):
You should not use Posid 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have recently received radiotherapy or any other cytotoxic agent
- Are Breastfeeding/Pregnant
- You must always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Blood Problems and Diabetes
- Have Liver/ Kidney Problems
- Had have any infection or received any vaccination
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Have recently received chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Posid 50 mg contains Etoposid, which is used in the treatment of testicular cancer and small cell lung cancer. Posid 50 mg is a prescription only drug and may be available in various strengths and other substitutes. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and children below18 yrs of age. It is strictly contraindicated for the pregnant/Breastfeeding women and healthy people should not come in contact of this medicine as well as patient taking this medicine as it may be harmful.
How Much Of The Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Posid 50 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects. Also do not reduce the dose yourself.
How To Take The Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid):
Posid 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time and is to be taken empty stomach with water. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid)
You are always advised to take Posid 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for shorter or longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like bone marrow and hematological toxicity, abdominal pain, diarrhoea, abnormal hepatic function, etc. Overdose can be overcome by adopting right measures in case of oral overdose.
There are very less chances of overdose from an injection as it is given by doctor or nurse in a medical facility but if somehow it happens then precautions at medical facility can be taken.
Do not give your medicine to others and avoid yourself in being contact with person having flu or infections.
A missed dose of Posid 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Posid 50 Mg (Etoposid)
- Nausea /Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rash, hives, or itching
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Liver toxicity or abnormal liver function
- Decreased blood cells count or Anemia
- Peripheral neuropathy (tingling and numbness of feet and hand)
- Hair loss
- Low blood pressure
- Abnormal Liver function
- Heart attack
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Posid 50 mg effects may interact with other medicines or other products you are using. This interaction can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always discuss it with your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Bone marrow Suppression
Warning And Precaution:
Posid 50 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Hypersensitivity/ Allergy
- Live vaccines
- Bone marrow suppression (Myelosuppression)
- Rapid intravenous injection
- Pediatric use
- Anaphylactic reactions
- Infections and inflammations
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Regular monitoring of blood cell count is needed while taking this medicine
- Keep out of sight as well as reach of children
- Do not use expired products
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dosage, time, and the strength of the capsule
Do not stop taking/miss the dose of Posid 50 mg in between the course or do not increase or decrease the dose on your own. Strictly follow your doctor’s instructions.
Store it at cool temperature not more than 25 ̊C in clean, dark and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged before purchase.