Progynon Depot 10 Mg/ 1ml
USA Brand Name
Estradiol Valerate Injection
Progynon Depot 10 Mg (1 Ml) (Estradiol Valerate)
What Is The Generic Name For Progynon Depot:
Estradiol Valerate is the generic version for Progynon Depot
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
- Progynon Depot
About Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
Progynon Depot 10 mg is in injection form which contains Estradiol Valerate,used in the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis and Hormonal replacement therapy. This injection must be administered by a doctor or a nurse but you can buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores only on doctor’s prescription.
One of the leading companies, German Remedies is manufacturing Progynon Depot 10 mg.
Progynon depot contains Estradiol Valerate 10 mg per 1 ml of injection. Progynon depot may be available in other substitutes with various strengths at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
Progynon Depot 10 mg is used to treat:
- Infertility Treatment
- Postmenopausal Osteoporosis
- Hormonal Replacement Therapy
How Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate) Works:
Progynon Depot 10 mg containing Estradiol Valerate is a natural female hormone. It is given to females who are undergoing menopause, which replaces deficient oestrogen levels, preventing symptoms such as hot flushes, mood swings, and night sweats. It is also known to prevent the bones from becoming porous and fragile.
Before You Use Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to its contents
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing diseases, Surgeries, Medications, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
You should avoid Progynon Depot 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Cancers of breast, ovary, uterus, testicle, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland
- Are having polycystic ovary disease (development of cysts in the ovaries due to increased production of male hormones by the ovaries and adrenal gland) and Primary ovarian failure
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding
- Have severe gastrointestinal/Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Have notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, chest pain, severe headache, shortness in breathing or changes in vision.
- Are at a risk of developing medical complications because of multiple pregnancies/deliveries
- Have Asthma, gastrointestinal disease, seizures, any brain disease, etc.
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate) is also available in various substitutes and must be administered by a doctor or a nurse only. Always consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the injection as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Progynon Depot 10 mg at a fixed time and must be injected by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the drug. It is not recommended for the infants and pregnant women.
How Much Of The Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Progynon depot. The dose which is to given is depending upon the severity of the infection.
How To Take The Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate):
Progynon Depot 10 mg should be administered by a doctor or a nurse. Do not self administer the injection. Be careful during dosage administration.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate)
You are always advised to take Progynon Depot 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Patients are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended but they should complete the course.
Contact your doctor or visit nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like stomach cramps, vomiting, vaginal bleeding, breast pain, hair loss, etc.
Do not give your medicine to other family members or people near you even if they have similar symptoms like you. Taking medicine without prescription or instructions of any doctor or physician may cause severe effects or toxicity.
A missed dose of Progynon Depot 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember that too after consulting with your doctor. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Progynon Depot 10 mg (Estradiol Valerate)
- Skin rash
- Inflammation or pain at injection site
- Yellowing of eyes and skin
- Difficulty in breathing
- Sudden chest pain
- Swelling and redness in legs
- Headache/Migraine like Headaches
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling of breast or breast pain
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Hair loss
- Vaginal Bleeding
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Progynon depot may interact with other medicines you are already taking, which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Hence, always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Progynon Depot 10 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy to any of its contents
- Impaired gastrointestinal/ kidney/ Liver function
- Hormonal problems
- Excessive vaginal Bleeding
- It is not recommended if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor for dosage adjustment and effective treatment if you have above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- This medicine can be taken in combination with progesterone
- Monitor your liver function test and examine your breast regularly for any lumps during this therapy.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Injection
Do not take Progynon depot on your own until you are a registered medical practitioner or you know how to administer it.
Store the injection at cool temperature in clean and dry place. Make sure that the injection is not damaged or leaked.