Reditux 100 Mg Injection
USA Brand Name
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab)
What Is The Generic Name For Reditux 100 Mg Injection:
Rituximab is the generic version for Reditux 100 mg Injection
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
About Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab)
Reditux 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Rituximab, which is used in the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia) & rheumatoid arthritis. Lymphoma is a type of cancer of a part of the immune system called the lymph system. There are many types of lymphoma, one is Hodgkin disease. The other are called non-Hodgkin lymphomas. Non-Hodgkin lymphomas start when a type of white blood cell, called a T cell or B cell, becomes abnormal. The cell divides, again & again, making more & more abnormal cells. These abnormal cells can spread to any other part of the body. Leukemia is cancer of the white blood cells that help your body fight infection. Blood cells form in bone marrow. In leukemia, the bone marrow produces nonstandard white blood cells. These cells crowd out the healthy blood cells, making it difficult for blood to do its work. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), the lymphocytes outnumber the normal cells. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a long-term autoimmune disorder which primarily affects the joints. It is a chronic disease that slowly worsens with time, causing inflammation in the joints & resulting in painful deformity & immobility. It especially affects small joints of the wrists, fingers, feet, and ankles. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores & must be taken by doctor’s prescription only.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd.is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Reditux 100 mg Injection.
Reditux 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Rituximab, which is available in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
Reditux 100 mg Injection is used in the treatment in following conditions:
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Granulomatosis with polyangiitis and microscopic polyangiitis
How Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab) Works:
Reditux 100 mg Injection has an active ingredient; Rituximab is a monoclonal antibody that specifically binds to receptors on cancer cells. It marks the cancer cells for demolition by the body's immune system. Rituximab is a monoclonal antibody which targets the CD20 antigen, which is expressed on the surface of pre-B & mature B-lymphocytes. After binding to CD20, rituximab mediates B-cell breakdown. The mechanism of cell lysis includes complement dependent cytotoxicity (CDC) & antibody dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity (ADCC).
Before You Use Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Rituximab
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your health history like your pre- existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid taking live vaccination
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
You should not take Reditux 100 mg Injection if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have active infections
- Have autoimmune disorders
- Have cardiac dysfunction
- Have Hepatitis B
- Have Tumor Lysis Syndrome
- Have bone marrow suppression
- Have severe immunocompromise
- Have Kidney disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Injection
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver/ Kidney disease
- Have high blood pressure,
- Have infections
- Have systemic lupus erythematosus
- Have heart problems
- Have lung disease or breathing problems
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Reditux 100 mg Injection contains an active ingredient, Rituximab, which is used in the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), blood cancer (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia) and rheumatoid arthritis. This medicine is accessible in different strengths & substitutes & must be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Reditux 100 mg Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Reditux 100 mg Injection regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab) to Be Used:
As Reditux 100 mg Injection is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Reditux 100 mg Injection. Do not take the Injection on your own & for longer period than recommended by doctor.
How To Take The Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
Reditux 100 mg Injection should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will give you Reditux 100 mg Injection. Kindly do not self administer this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
You are always advised to take Reditux 100 mg Injection as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Abide by all the instructions administrated by your doctor. Do not take the Injection in larger or smaller quantity or for longer period than suggested by your doctor.
Seek medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your surgeon immediately in case of any overdose symptoms. Since Reditux 100 mg Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical setting by a qualified healthcare professional, the likelihood of an overdose is very low. However, emergency measure will be initiated immediately by your physician if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the injection should be administered by the doctor as soon as possible. It is strictly suggested to skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next scheduled dosage. You must not double the dosage of the prescription to make up for the missed dosage. Since Reditux 100 mg Injection is administered by a qualified healthcare professional in the clinical or hospital setting, the likelihood of a missed dosage is very low.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Reditux 100 Mg Injection (Rituximab):
- Low blood pressure
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Chills and fever
- Abdominal pain
- Decrease in white blood cells and platelets
- Muscle aches and pain
- Edema (swelling)
- Hair loss
- Febrile neutropenia
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Reditux 100 mg Injection. This interaction may produce some unnecessary or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always discuss with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines and related products
It can also interact with following disease condition:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Cardiac Dysfunction
- Hepatitis B
- Tumor Lysis Syndrome
- Bone marrow suppression
- Renal impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Reditux 100 mg Injection can worsen the conditions like:
- Liver/kidney disease
- You must use an effective method of contraception before starting treatment, during treatment, & until 12 months after stopping treatment
- Regular observation of entire blood cell counts is essential during treatment with this medicine
- Regularly monitor your blood pressure level while taking this medicine
- You should not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this medicine as it may cause nausea and vomiting
- Always consult with your doctor immediately to get best possible treatment if you are suffering from any of the above mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Reditux 100 mg Injection out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly not used to treat children, adolescents, and elderly
- Reditux 100 mg Injection is not recommended for use in pregnant women due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always examine the information precisely written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your medical doctor if you have any doubt in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Reditux 100 mg Injection should be taken for cancer treatment. Do not take this medication for longer period than suggested by the Doctor.
Store the Reditux 100 mg Injection at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Injection is intact and not damaged while purchasing or storing.