Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection
USA Brand Name
Janssen Biotech, Inc.
Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab)
What Is The Generic Name For Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection:
Infliximab is the generic version for Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
About Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab)
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection contains an active ingredient, Infliximab, which is used alone or in combination with other medicines to relieve the symptoms of conditions where the immune system attacks healthy parts of the body causing pain, swelling, & damage (Auto-immune disorders). This is used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, Psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis etc. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder which chiefly affects the joints. It causes inflammation in the joints & resulting in painful deformity and immobility. Ankylosing spondylitis is a category of arthritis that mainly affects the spine. An affected individual experiences pain & stiffness from the neck radiating down to the lower back. Over time, the vertebrae may grow or fuse with one another that form a rigid spine. The fusing of vertebrae & rigid spine can also result in a stooped-over posture. Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease which is not contagious but has a tendency to run in families. Ulcerative colitis is a kind of inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation over long term & damages the large intestine (colon/bowels) and the rectum. Crohn’s disease is a kind of inflammatory bowel disease which commonly affects the end of the small intestine but can also affect the entire digestive tract in patches. This medicine is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, & medical supply stores & must be taken strictly by doctor’s prescription only.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection.
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection contains an active constituent, Infliximab (100 mg). It is obtainable in other substitutes also at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection is used in the treatment in the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Crohn’s disease
How Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab) Works:
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection has an active ingredient; Infliximab which is a monoclonal antibody which blocks a protein in the immune system called TNF (tumor necrosis factor) that causes inflammation (pain & swelling) in joints.
Before You Use Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Infliximab
- You are not having any serious Disease
- Your doctor must be learned about your medicinal history like your pre-existing disease, surgeries & Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, lifestyle, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving
- You should avoid the use of Live vaccination
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
You should not take Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have autoimmune disorders
- Have Hepatitis B virus reactivation
- Have Hematological reactions
- Have Heart failure
- Have Neurological reactions
- Are pregnant
- Have infections
- Are breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an Allergy to the Injection
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Have Liver disease
- Have infections
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection contains an active ingredient, Infliximab, which is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, Psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriasis etc. This medicine is available in different substitutes & strengths & has got to be purchased or given on doctor’s prescription only. You must consult your physician for adjustment of dosage & time of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can only be best judged by your doctor.
Adults are advised to take Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. You must take Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection regularly on time for better results.
How Much Of The Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab) to Be Used:
As Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection is available in various strengths and substitutes, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection. You must not take the Injection on your own & for a longer period than recommended by the doctor.
How To Take The Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Your doctor or nurse will give you Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection. Kindly do not self administer this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
You are always advised to take Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection as prescribed. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You must strictly follow all the directions given by your doctor. You must not take the Injection in larger or smaller quantity or for a longer period than suggested by your doctor.
You must seek out medical emergency treatment and/ or contact your surgeon without delay in case of any overdose symptoms. Since Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection is administered in the hospital or clinical setting by a qualified healthcare professional, the likelihood of an overdose is very low. However, the emergency measure will be initiated without delay by your physician if they observe overdose symptoms.
The missed dosage of the injection should be administered by the medical doctor as soon as possible. It is strictly recommended to skip the missed dosage if it is already time for your next planned dosage. You must not double the dosage of the treatment to make up for the missed dosage. Since Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection is administered by a qualified healthcare professional in the clinical or hospital setting, the likelihood of a missed dosage is very low.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Remicade 100 Mg Powder for Injection (Infliximab):
- The decrease in blood cell count
- Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Reactions
- Injection site reactions
- Sinus inflammation
- Upper respiratory tract infection
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection. These interactions may generate some needless or adverse effects and/or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always have a conversation with your doctor if you are taking other prescription/ Supplements so that well-planned medication can be given. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines and related products
It can also interact with the following disease condition:
- Neurological disorders
- Heart Disease
- Liver Disease
- Hepatitis B
Warning And Precaution:
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection can worsen the conditions like:
- Kidney/ Liver disease
- You must not take this medicine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding
- Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection is not recommended for use in patients under 18 years of age
- You must not drive or operate heavy machinery at the same time as taking this medicine as it may cause dizziness
- You must have a tuberculosis skin test & chest x-ray done before starting Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection
- You must regularly get your blood tests done to monitor your blood cells, liver and kidney function, and electrolyte levels during treatment with this medicine
- You must regularly check your blood pressure while taking this medicine
- Always consult with your medical doctor straight away to get the best possible treatment if you are observing any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep the Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection out of reach and sight of the children
- This medicine is strictly used with caution for the treatment of children
- Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection is not recommended for use in pregnancy due to the increased risk of harmful effects on the unborn baby
- You must always check up the information in particular written on the leaflet/ insert of the medicine
- Always consult your medical doctor if you have any uncertainty in case of the dosage, time & strength of the medicine.
Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection should be taken as recommended by your doctor. Do not take this prescription for a longer period than suggested by the medical doctor.
Store the Remicade 100 mg Powder for Injection at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the Injection is intact & not damaged while purchasing or storing.