Renodapt S 360 Mg
USA Brand Name
Renodapt S 360 Mg Tablets (Mycophenolate Mofetil)
What Is The Generic Name For Renodapt S:
Mycophenolate Mofetil is the generic version for Renodapt S
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Renodapt S 360 Mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
About Renodapt S 360 Mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
Renodapt S 360 mg contains an immunosuppressant drug containing active ingredient, Mycophenolate Mofetil 360 mg per tablet which is used for prevention of organ rejection in transplant patients especially in Prophylaxis of renal (kidney) or cardiac (heart) rejection. You can buy this medicine on doctor’s prescription only from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Biocon, India is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Renodapt S 360mg.
Renodapt S 360 mg consists of Mycophenolate Mofetil 360 mg in a tablet form and may be found in various strengths and may be in other substitutes on all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil) is used in:
- Organ rejection in transplant patients
- Prophylaxis of renal or cardiac rejection
How Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil) Works:
Mycophenolate Mofetil as an active ingredient in Renodapt S 360 mg is immunosuppressive by nature and inhibits DNA synthesis in immune cells which reduces the action of body’s own immune defense system that helps in avoiding organ transplant rejection.
Before You Use Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
Make sure that:
- You do not take alcohol although interaction with alcohol is not known but inform your doctor
- You are not pregnant as it may results birth defects hence birth control is required while taking this medicine
- Your doctor knows about your pre-existing diseases, medications, surgeries and all current health conditions including the supplements you are taking (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
- Avoid alcohol and excess beverages
- Avoid Inhalation and contact with skin
- Avoid taking antacids at the same time
- Avoid being close with the people having cold n flu or any other infection as this medicine makes a patient immunocompromised which increases the risk of infection to the patient.
- Avoid being in direct sunlight
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
You should not use if you have the following conditions:
- Hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyl transferase disorder
- Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or allergy to it
- Have heart/ liver/Kidney diseases
- Are Photosensitive
- Are taking antacids
- Are infected with any infection
- Have gastrointestinal diseases like peptic ulcers
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other diseases, drugs or therapies which may affect its therapeutic effect
Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil) is an immunosuppressant and used to treat prophylaxis of renal or cardiac rejection. It is a prescription only drug and may be available in various strengths and other substitutes. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient. It may be given in injection form if patients are unable to take oral form.
Patients are advised to take Renodapt S 360 mg as directed by the doctor but it should be taken at fixed times. Generally, it is given twice/thrice a day and can be taken with or without food. It may be given in combination with other medicines. It is not recommended in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Renodapt S 360 mg.
How To Take The Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
Renodapt S 360 mg should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the whole tablet with water without crushing or breaking it. It can be taken with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
Patients are advised to take the tablet as long as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it for a longer period unless prescribed by your doctor.
Contact your doctor or visit nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting that you have taken a high dose or multiple doses and due to that you are facing severe side effects like swelling in face, mouth, tongue, persistent diarrhea/constipation, breathing difficulty etc.
Do not share your medicine with people around you even if he/she is having similar symptoms. Let them visit your doctor.
A missed dose of Renodapt S 360 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take double or multiple doses next time if you missed once or twice. You need to contact your doctor in that case.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Renodapt S 360 mg (Mycophenolate Mofetil):
- Stomach Pain
- Dizziness and Fainting
- Abnormal blood counts
- Black or tarry stools/Diarrhea
- Bloody or coffee colored vomit
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Chest pain
- Severe difficulty in breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Increased blood cholesterol
- Low or high blood pressure
- Trouble sleeping
- Pain in the arms, legs, and the neck
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands, and feet
- Uncontrolled shaking of arms or legs
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Renodapt S 360 mg contents may interact with other medicines you are already taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other medicines or Herbal or Food Supplements as these may also interact with your Renodapt S 360 mg Tablet. Few drugs which may interact with it are:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid
- Live vaccines
- Aluminium/Hydroxide/Magnesium/Hydroxide/Calcium Carbonate (these should not be taken at the same time especially)
Here are some interactions with disease also:
- Peptic Ulcers
- Kidney disease
Warning And Precaution:
Renodapt S 360 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Live Vaccines
- Anaphylactic shock
- Skin cancer
- Kelley-Seegmiller syndrome/Lesch- Nyhan syndrome
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment while having other disease conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children and other people nearby you.
- Monitor blood parameters and glucose levels regularly while taking this tablet
- Always discuss your conditions like diseases, medication, supplements, etc with your doctor when you are going to take a new medicine.
- Always use this medicine as recommended by your physician. Do not self administer it by changing the dose yourself. It has to be used carefully.
- Read the insert/Label carefully.
Store the Renodapt S 360 mg at cool temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze the medicine.