Rocaltrol 0.25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abbott Healthcare, India
Rocaltrol 0.25 Mcg Capsule (Calcitriol)
What Is The Generic Name For Rocaltrol?
Calcitriol is the generic version for Rocaltrol
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Rocaltrol 0.25 Mcg (Calcitriol)?
About Rocaltrol 0.25 Mcg (Calcitriol)
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg contains Calcitriol (Vitamin D3) which helps the absorption of calcium from stomach and helps to avoid the situation like calcium deficiency (Hypocalcaemia), Hyperparathyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism caused due to surgery and metabolic bone disease in people who are receiving dialysis. It is usually available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and given by doctor’s prescription only.
Abbott Healthcare (India) is the top leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Rocaltrol 0.25 mg.
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg contains Calcitriol, 0.25 mcg per capsule which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg (Calcitriol)?
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg is used in:
- Calcium deficiency (Hypocalcemia)
- Metabolic bone disease in people who are receiving dialysis
- Hypoparathyroidism caused due to surgery
How Rocaltrol 0.25 Mcg (Calcitriol) Works?
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg containing Calcitriol is a vitamin D3 which helps in maintaining the calcium levels by stimulating Calcium transport and allowing it for absorption from Stomach.
Before You Use Rocaltrol 0.25 Mcg (Calcitriol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Calcitriol
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre- existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Rocaltrol 0.25 Mcg (Calcitriol)?
- Avoid taking alcohol or other non prescribed drugs
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg (Calcitriol)?
You should not take Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have condition like Hypercalcemia
- Have Liver/Kidney Dysfunctioning
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Capsule
- Have undergone any Surgery
- Have Renal Failure
- Are suffering from Hypervitaminosis
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg contains Calcitriol, which is used to prevent organ rejection after transplant. It is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for duration of dosage and frequency as age and immunity differs from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg capsule at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. Try to take it regularly for better results. Dose may be adjusted according to the need of the patient.
How Much Of The Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg (Calcitriol) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Rocaltrol 0.25 mg.
How To Take The Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg (Calcitriol)?
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg (Calcitriol)?
You are always advised to take Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop using this medicine suddenly if you are feeling better. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect any overdose symptoms.
You should try to take every dose of Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg (Calcitriol)?
- Stomach Pain
- Loss of Appetite
- Dry Mouth/Increased Thirst
- Metallic Taste
- Urinating More than Usual
- Fast, Slow, or Uneven Heart Rate
- Changes in Behavior
- Muscle Pain
- Weight Decreased
- Sensory Disturbances
- Growth Retardation
- Decreased Appetite
- Abdominal Pain
- Hypercalcemia Syndrome
- Urinary Tract Infections
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Rocaltrol 0.25 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication or Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Seizure Medication like Phenytoin
- Steroids like Prednisone, Fluticasone, Mometasone, Dexamethasone, etc.
- Water Pills/Diuretics like Hydrochlorothiazide, Chlorothiazide, Chlorthalidone, etc.
Warning And Precaution:
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg can worsen the conditions like:
- Calcium intoxication
- Liver/ kidney Dysfunction
- In patients who undergone Surgery
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment or replacements when you are suffering from all these conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Serum Calcium and Creatinine levels should be determined after a fixed interval of time.
- You should drink plenty of fluids unless your doctor has told you to restrict your fluid intake.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Rocaltrol 0.25 mcg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the capsules should be intact and not damaged.