Rosubest 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cadila Pharmaceuticals, India
Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)
What Is The Generic Name For Rosubest 10 Mg?
Rosuvastatin is the generic version for Rosubest 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Rosubest 10 mg (Rosuvastatin)?
About Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin):
Rosubest 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, a medicine which is used for the treatment of increased cholesterol, and increased triglycerides. You may buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cadila Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Rosubest 10 mg.
Rosubest 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
Rosubest 10 mg is used in:
- Type III Hyperlipoproteinemia
- Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Diseases
- Prevention of Heart Stroke
How Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin) Works?
Rosubest 10 mg has an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, a statin. It basically works by blocking an enzyme, HMG-CoA-reductase which is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides and raises good cholesterol (HDL).
Before You Use Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Rosuvastatin
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
You should avoid Rosubest 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Cramps, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Tiredness or Dark Colored urine while taking Rosuvastatin
- Have Jaundice and Fever
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Diabetes as it may raise Blood Sugar Levels
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Rosubest 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Rosuvastatin, used in the treatment of increased cholesterol, increased triglycerides and increased LDL levels. Rosubest 10 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Rosubest 10 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is used in reducing the amount of cholesterol in patients between 10 to 17 years of age suffering from hypercholesterolemia (a genetic disorder). It should be avoided in children below 6 years.
How Much Of The Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Rosubest 10 mg.
How To Take The Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
Rosubest 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. You may take it with food to prevent Diarrhea or gas problem.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
You are always advised to take Rosubest 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Rosubest 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Rosubest 10 Mg (Rosuvastatin)?
- Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) Pain
- Allergic reaction
- Increased Liver Enzymes
- Increased Creatine PhosphoKinase (CPK) level in blood
- Joint swelling
- Dark Urine
- Increased glucose level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Rosubest 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Rosubest 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Myopathy and Rhabdomyolysis
- Alcohol consumption
- Cognitive Impairment
- Pediatric Population (below 6 years)
- Pregnant women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your unborn baby
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep monitoring your Liver enzyme function and also Blood Glucose Levels
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Rosubest 10 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Rosubest 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.