Sebifin 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Medisales, India
Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)
What Is The Generic Name For Sebifin 250 Mg?
Terbinafine HCl is the generic version for Sebifin 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
About Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)
Sebifin 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Terbinafine HCl, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. You can check its availability at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Medisale (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Sebifin 250 mg.
Sebifin 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Terbinafine HCl, 250 mg per tablet which is available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
Sebifin 250 mg is used in the treatment of fungal and yeast infections like:
- Athlete's Foot
- Jock Itch
- Ringworm Infection
- Other Fungal Skin Infections
- Prophylaxis of Infections in Special Population
How Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl) Works?
Sebifin 250 mg contains an antifungal agent, Terbinafine HCl which basically stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human
Before You Use Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking caffeine and chocolate and food containing caffeine and chocolate such as tea leaves, cocoa beans
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
You should not take Sebifin 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have severe Liver Disease
- Have pain in passing urine or if your penis has started to smell (odor)
- Have any other Infection or Inflammation
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to the Tablet
- Have Asthma and other lung Infections
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Sebifin 250 mg contains an active ingredient, Terbinafine HCl, which is used in the treatment of Fungal Infections. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Sebifin 250 mg at a fixed time with or without food or as instructed by your Doctor. It is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl) to Be Used?
Sebifin 250 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Sebifin 250 mg.
How To Take The Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
Sebifin 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without the food as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing/crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
You are always advised to take Sebifin 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You must contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the symptoms of an Overdose
You should try to take every dose of Sebifin 250 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Sebifin 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose and do not double it at next dosing time to make up for the missed one.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Sebifin 250 Mg (Terbinafine HCl)?
- Change in mood
- Lack of strength
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dark urine
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Severe chest pain
- Bleeding and bruising
- Irregular heartbeat
- Peeling and blistering of skin
- Scaly skin sensitive to sunlight
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Sebifin 250 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Dienogest/Estradiol valerate
Warning And Precaution:
Sebifin 250 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Hypersensitivity/Allergic reactions
- Kidney/Heart/Liver Diseases
- Immune System Disorders
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Low Blood Cell Count
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion related to the dose, time and strength of your medication
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Sebifin 250 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Sebifin 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.