Seczol DS 1000 Mg
USA Brand Name
Intas Pharmaceuticals, India
Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole)
What Is The Generic Name For Seczol:
Secnidazole is the generic version for Seczol
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
About Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole)
Seczol 1000 mg contains an active ingredient, Secnidazole, which is an anti-amebic molecule used in the treatment of various anaerobic bacteria and parasitic Infections. This tablet is a prescription based drug only which is used mainly for brain, reproductive system, skin, vagina, stomach and intestinal infections and can be bought from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Intas Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Seczol 1000 mg.
Seczol 1000 mg contains an active ingredient, Secnidazole, 1000 mg per tablet and available in the various strengths and may be in other substitutes at any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
Seczol 1000 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Bacterial infections
- Amoeba Infection (Amebiasis)
- Whipworm infection (Trichuriasis)
- Roundworm infection (Filariasis)
- Giardia Lambia infection (Giardiasis)
How Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole) Works:
Seczol 1000 mg is an antihelminthic drug containing Secnidazole inhibits the protein formation process leading to cell lysis.
Before You Use Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic
- You are not taking alcohol
- You do not have liver or kidney problems
- Your doctor knows about pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, medicines, or other food habits and vitamins or herbal supplements you are taking
What Should You Avoid While Taking Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
- Avoid taking alcohol while taking this medicine otherwise you may develop nausea, vomiting, headache, flushing, etc.
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
You should not take Seczol 1000 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to it
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Have any brain disease
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
- Are driving or doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to Secnidazole or any of its contents
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any brain disease
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Seczol 1000 mg contains Secnidazole, which is used in the treatment of Parasitic Worm Infection and bacterial infections. Seczol tablets are available in various strengths and other substitutes with various strengths. This is a prescription only drug so you should consult your doctor for dosage and duration of the tablet because age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient. Its cream form is also available which must be applied to affected area only excluding ears, eyes, nose or mouth (sensitive organs)
Adults are advised to take Seczol 1000 mg at a fixed time with food or as instructed by your Doctor. You should take it with fiber rich diet to avoid constipation. It is not recommended for infants and children (<2 years)
How Much Of The Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole) to Be Used:
Seczol 1000 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions to take Seczol 1000 mg as wrong dose may affect you badly.
How To Take The Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
Seczol 1000 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with a glass of water without chewing or crushing it. It should be taken with fiber rich food to prevent you from its few side effects.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
You are always advised to take Seczol 1000 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You must follow all the instructions given by your doctor.
- Contact your physician/doctor or reach nearby medical emergency unit immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like vomiting, skin reactions, altered liver enzyme, etc.
- High dose of Seczol may lead to severe side effect like nerve damage in the patients.
- Do not give your medicine to any one nearby you even if they have similar symptoms like you. Let them visit the doctor.
Take every dose of Seczol 1000 mg at a fixed time as prescribed. A missed dose of Seczol 1000 mg should be taken as soon as you remember but if you forgot to take a dose then skip that dose and follow the regular routine of taking medicine. Do not take multiple doses next time as it may cause unwanted effects in your body.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Seczol 1000 Mg (Secnidazole):
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Dark urine
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Indigestion or stomach discomfort
- Fever and chills
- Altered sense of taste
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Seczol 1000 mg may interact with other medicines or supplements you are taking simultaneously. It may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You must inform your doctor if you are on other medication, vitamins or herbal Supplements. It is found to interact with the following medicine:
Warning And Precaution:
Seczol 1000 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Low blood cell count or bleeding problems
- Effects on Brain (nerve damage)
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and hepatic Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Seczol 1000 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course without discussing with your doctor.
Store the Seczol 1000 mg at room temperature in dark, clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged before purchasing.