Sefdin 300 Mg
USA Brand Name
Unichem Laboratories, India
Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)
What Is The Generic Name For Sefdin 300 Mg?
Cefdinir is the generic version for Sefdin 300 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Sefdin 300 mg (Cefdinir)?
About Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir):
Sefdin 300 mg contains an active ingredient Cefdinir 300 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue, blood, and lungs. It is also used to prevent infections after surgery. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Unichem Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Sefdin 300 mg.
Sefdin 300 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefdinir 250 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)?
Sefdin 300 mg is used in:
- Pharyngitis/ Tonsillitis
- Acute Bacterial Otitis Media
- Skin and Structure Infection
- Lyme disease
- Gonococcal infection
How Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir) Works?
Sefdin 300 mg contains an active ingredient Cefdinir, is an antibiotic which kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefdinir
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Sefdin 300 mg with dietary sodium
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)?
You should avoid Sefdin 300 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Sefdin 300 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefdinir 50 mg, used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Sefdin 300 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Sefdin 300 mg at a fixed time, preferably with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Sefdin 300 mg.
How To Take The Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)?
Sefdin 300 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)?
You are always advised to take Sefdin 300 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Sefdin 300 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Sefdin 300 Mg (Cefdinir)?
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
- Itching of Vagina or genital area
- Difficult or painful urination
- Change in taste
- Acid or sour stomach
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Sefdin 300 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- Seizure disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Sefdin 300 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Sefdin 300 mg or other Beta-lactam antibiotics like Penicillin and cephalosporins
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
- Impaired kidney function
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Sefdin 300 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Sefdin 300 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.