Stavir 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine)
What Is The Generic Name For stavir:
Stavudine is the generic version for Stavir
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Stavir 40 mg (Stavudine):
About Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
Stavir 40 mg contains an active ingredient Stavudine 40 mg, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection. It is a prescription based drug which can be bought from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Stavir 40 mg.
Stavir 40 mg contains Stavudine 40 mg per capsule which is also available in the various strength and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
- Stavir 40 mg is used in:
- HIV Infection
How Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine) Works:
Stavir 40 mg (Stavudine) is an antiviral medication which prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells stopping the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Stavudine
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing Disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving as it may cause dizziness or sleepiness or tiredness
- Avoid sexual intercourse or take necessary precautions to because this medicine does not stops the transmission of the Virus and you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking it.
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
You should avoid Stavir 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver Disease
- Have severe inflammation of the pancreas
- Have any neurological disorder
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Develop signs of drowsiness/ dizziness, difficulty sleeping and concentrating or any signs of Allergic reactions or inflammation
- Have kidney/ Liver Disease
- Have peripheral neuropathy
- Have pancreatitis
- Have intolerance to sugars like lactose intolerance
- Have or had any Mental Illness or Convulsions/ Seizures
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Stavir 40 mg contains Stavudine, which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. Stavir 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Patients are advised to take Stavir 40 mg at a fixed time empty stomach (at least 1-2 hr before meal). Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children and pregnant women. It is nearly safe during breastfeeding.
How Much Of The Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Stavir 40 mg. Every patient must follow the drug regimen as suggested.
How To Take The Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
Stavir 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It has to be taken empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
Patients are always advised to take Stavir 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Also, do not stop taking the medicine in between the course even you feel better than before.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like lactic acidosis, abdominal pain, nausea, weight loss, deep breathing, neurological disorders, etc.
Do not share your medicine with your relatives even if they are having similar symptoms. Let them visit the doctor for proper treatment.
A missed dose of Stavir 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You need to skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
Try not to miss any dose for better effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Stavir 40 Mg (Stavudine):
- Dizziness/ Sleepiness
- Nervousness and confusion
- Skin rash and itching
- Decrease in granulocyte count
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormal Dreams
- Increased liver enzymes
- Inflammation in pancreas
- Difficulty in paying attention
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Stavir 40 mg may interfere with other medicines you are already taking and this interaction may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. To prevent yourself from these interactions you must tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Stavir 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Stavudine
- CNS defects
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver or kidney issues
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in any diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- You must take necessary precautions while taking this medicine to prevent yourself from its adverse reactions.
- Do not use expired medicine and always read the information on leaflet or insert of the medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related dose, time, and strength of the Capsule
- Do not stop taking Stavir 40 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. Let your doctor decide the course of medicines.
Store the Stavir 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged.