Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg/Dose
USA Brand Name
Imitrex Nasal Spray
Sun Pharma, India
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
What Is The Generic Name For Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg
Sumatriptan is the generic version for Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
About Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg contains an active ingredient, Sumatriptan, which is used for the treatment of a Migraine and Cluster Headaches. You can buy this prescription only drug from all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and be administered nasally.
Sun Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg.
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg contains an anti-migraine molecule, Sumatriptan, 20 Mg per spray which is available in the various strengths and other substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg is used in the treatment of:
- Migraine Attack
- Cluster Headache
How Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan) Works
Sumatriptan is an anti-migraine agent which constricts the dilated blood vessels of the brain, thus relieving a Migraine headache.
Before You Use Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Sumatriptan
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, or herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
You should avoid Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Cardiovascular Disease
- Have Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Have Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Heart Disease
- Face A Migraine Attacks more often
- Have Cardiovascular Diseases or Peripheral Vascular Diseases
- Have Hypertension
- Have any Brain Disorder
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are taking Suminat Nasal Spray for a long time
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg contains Sumatriptan, which is used in the treatment of Migraine. It does not help in sudden attacks of migraine. Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg is available on prescription only and can be found in various strengths and other substitutes. It is also available in tablet and injection form. Consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg at a fixed time. Lying down in a quiet and dark room after taking the tablet/ injection/ spray may help to relieve the migraine.
How Much Of The Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan) to Be Used
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg. You need to follow the dose as prescribed by your doctor.
How To Take The Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg dose should be administered carefully at fixed time. Your doctor will tell about the frequency and duration of the dose to be taken.
Insert the tip of spray into one nostril and close the other nostril. Spray away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of your nose and toward the sides of your nostril. Spray breathe gently keeping the head upright. Repeat in the same step for other nostrils.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
You are always advised to take Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. To get relief from A severe Migraine attack as soon as possible, you have to take the injection.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms. Do not share your medicine with any of your family members even if they are having similar symptoms.
A missed dose of Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once as it may lead to adverse effects which may be life-threatening.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg (Sumatriptan)
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of warmth or heat
- Irregular heartbeat
- Dry mouth
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Imigran Subject contents may interfere with other medicine you are taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always inform your doctor if you are on other Vitamins, OTC Drugs, or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution
Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Coronary Artery Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Seizure Disorder
- Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your medical health provider/doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember
- Regular exercise and drinking plenty of water may help you get better.
- Lying down on the bed with lights and sounds off will help you to recover soon from a migraine attack
- Do not take Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg exceeding the dose limit as it may affect you badly.
- Keep out of sight and reach of the children.
- Do not use expired medicine.
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the medication.
Do not self administer the content of Imigran subject cartridge for injection and use the nasal spray carefully.
Store the Suminat Nasal Spray 20 Mg at a cool, clean and dark place. Make sure that the package is intact and not damaged.