Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg
USA Brand Name
Carbidopa, Levodopa, Entacapone
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)
What Is The Generic Name For Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg?
Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone is the generic version for Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
About Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone):
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg contains active ingredients, Carbidopa 12.5 mg, Levodopa 50 mg Entacapone 200 mg, a medicine which is used for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Restless Leg Syndrome. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg.
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg contains active ingredients, Carbidopa, Levodopa, and Entacapone, available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg is used in the treatment of:
How Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone) Works?
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg has active ingredients:
- Levodopa basically increases the action of a chemical messenger (Dopamine) which is needed to control movement in the brain.
- Carbidopa is given with levodopa to prevent levodopa from being broken down before it reaches the brain. This allows a lower dose of Levodopa to work efficiently causing minimal side effects.
- Entacapone basically increases the amount of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movements in the brain.
Before You Use Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone
- You do not take alcohol
- Taking Iron Salts
- Products that contain vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) as they may reduce the effectiveness of the medicine
- Taking any antipsychotic medicine
- Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Taking Medicines without prescriptions
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking any antipsychotic medicine
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
You should avoid Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Are suffering from malignant melanoma or skin cancer or you have any unusual moles
- Have severe Mental Disorder
- Have Heart and Blood Pressure Problems
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney/Lung/Endocrine Problems
- Have gone through any Surgical/Dental Procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have Hallucinations (Seeing, Hearing or Feeling Non-Existent Things)
- Have Dyskinesia (Uncontrolled Limb Movement)
- Have Sleepiness or Sudden Episodes of Falling Asleep
- Have Vision Impairment
- Have Psychosis (Comparable to Schizophrenia)
- Have Severe Heart or Blood Vessel Disease
- Have Any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg contains active ingredients, Carbidopa 12.5 mg, Levodopa 50 mg, and Entacapone 200 mg, which is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease. Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age. Doses of this medicine should not be increased more frequently than every 5-7 days.
How Much Of The Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg.
How To Take The Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
You are always advised to take Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Syncapone (12.5+50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa+Entacapone)?
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Panic attacks
- Altered behavior
- Mood changes
- Altered sleep
- Burning sensation of the tongue
- Frequent dreams
- Increased sweating
- Irregular heart rate
- Worsening of tremor
- Muscle stiffness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Mood Disorders
This medication also interferes with certain laboratory tests:
- Urine Catecholamine Test
- Urine Glucose Test
- Urine Ketone Test
Warning And Precaution:
Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Bleeding Disorders
- Heart and Blood Pressure Problems
- Asthma and Ulcers
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Seek medical attention if you notice changes in behavior (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge to behave in a manner harmful to other/self, mania or delirium)
- Take it with high protein diets such as cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, protein powder, eggs and milk
- If you are undergoing for Urine Glucose or Urine Ketones, then it may cause the results of some tests to be wrong
- Take precautions to keep yourself hydrated as it may cause diarrhea, which typically begins within 4 to 12 weeks of starting the treatment.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Syncapone (12.5+50+200) mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.