Syndopa CR 50 + 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
What Is The Generic Name For Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg
Carbidopa+Levodopa is the generic version for Syndopa CR (50+200) mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Syndopa CR (50+200) mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
About Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg contains two active ingredients, Carbidopa 10 mg and Levodopa 100 mg used for the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Syndopa CR (50+200) mg.
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg contains two active ingredients, Carbidopa 10 mg, and Levodopa 100 mg and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg is used in the treatment of:
How Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa) Works
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg has two active ingredients,
- Levodopa basically increases the action of a chemical messenger (Dopamine) which is needed to control movement in the brain.
- Carbidopa is given with levodopa to prevent levodopa from being broken down before it reaches the brain. This allows a lower dose of Levodopa to work efficiently causing minimal side effects.
Before You Use Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Carbidopa and Levodopa
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
You should avoid:
- Taking alcohol
- Taking Iron Salts
- Products that contain vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) as they may reduce the effectiveness of the medicine
- Taking any antipsychotic medicine
- Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- Taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
You should avoid Syndopa CR (50+200) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have narrow-angle glaucoma
- Are suffering from malignant melanoma or skin cancer or you have any unusual moles
- Have severe Mental Disorder
- Have Heart and Blood Pressure Problems
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney/Lung/Endocrine Problems
- Have gone through any Surgical/Dental Procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have Hallucinations (Seeing, Hearing or Feeling Non-Existent Things)
- Have Dyskinesia (Uncontrolled Limb Movement)
- Have Sleepiness or Sudden Episodes of Falling Asleep
- Have Vision Impairment
- Have Psychosis (Comparable to Schizophrenia)
- Have Severe Heart or Blood Vessel Disease
- Have Any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg contains two active ingredients, Carbidopa and Levodopa, which is used in the treatment of Parkinson’s Disease. Syndopa CR (50+200) mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Syndopa CR (50+200) mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for use in children.
How Much Of The Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa) to Be Used
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Syndopa CR (50+200) mg.
How To Take The Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
You are always advised to take Syndopa CR (50+200) mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Syndopa CR (50+200) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Syndopa CR (50+200) Mg (Carbidopa+Levodopa)
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome
- Panic attacks
- Altered behavior
- Mood changes
- Altered sleep
- Burning sensation of the tongue
- Frequent dreams
- Increased sweating
- Irregular heart rate
- Worsening of tremor
- Muscle stiffness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Syndopa CR (50+200) mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Mood Disorders
This medication also interferes with certain laboratory tests:
- Urine Catecholamine Test
- Urine Glucose Test
- Urine Ketone Test
Warning And Precaution
Syndopa CR (50+200) mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Bleeding Disorders
- Heart and Blood Pressure Problems
- Asthma and Ulcers
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember
- Seek medical attention if you notice changes in behavior (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge to behave in a manner harmful to other/self, mania or delirium)
- Take it with high protein diets such as cottage cheese, Swiss cheese, protein powder, eggs and milk
- If you are undergoing for Urine Glucose or Urine Ketones, then it may cause the results of some tests to be wrong
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Syndopa CR (50+200) mg may cause sweat, urine, or saliva appears dark in color, such as red, brown, or black which is not a harmful side effect, but it may cause staining of clothes.
- Do not stop Syndopa CR (50+200) mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Syndopa CR (50+200) mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.