Tamodex 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Biochem Pharmaceutical, India
Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)
What Is The Generic Name For Tamodex 10 Mg?
Tamoxifen Citrate is the generic version for Tamodex 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
About Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
Tamodex 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Tamoxifen 10 mg, which is used for the treatment of Breast Cancer. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Biochem Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tamodex 10 mg.
Tamodex 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Tamoxifen Citrate, which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
Tamodex 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Breast Cancer
How Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate) Works?
Tamodex 10 mg has an active anticancer ingredient, Tamoxifen which basically blocks the effects of estrogen, a natural female hormone in breast tissue which is responsible for breast cancer.
Before You Use Tamodex 10 mg (Tamoxifen Citrate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tamoxifen Citrate
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving or any risky job
- You should avoid Conceiving while taking this medicine
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
You should avoid Tamodex 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from High Blood pressure, Chest Pain, and Prolongation of QT Interval
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems/Kidney Cancer
- Are going to have a Surgery or have been recently operated
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
- Tamoxifen Citrate may raise the risk of Uterine Cancer, Stroke, or a Blood Clot in the Lung, which can be fatal. You should always talk about these risks with your doctor.
Tamodex 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Tamoxifen Citrate, which is used in the treatment of Breast Cancer. Tamodex 10 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Tamodex 10 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It can be used for both men and women.
How Much Of The Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Tamodex 10 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
Tamodex 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
You are always advised to take Tamodex 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Tamodex 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Tamodex 10 Mg (Tamoxifen Citrate)?
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Fluid retention
- Skin Rash or Itching
- Pain/ Swelling In The Legs
- Absent, Missed, or Irregular Periods
- Trouble Breathing
- Decrease In The Amount of Urine
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Tamodex 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Do not use Soy products while taking Tamodex 10 mg as it may lead to stimulation of Tumor Growth.
Warning And Precaution:
Tamodex 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions
Things To Remember:
- You should go for blood tests, eye tests and gynecological tests before and while you are taking this medicine
- Liver examination and Breast self-examination is necessary during this medicine course
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not stop Tamodex 10 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
- If you're taking its solution, make sure to keep it at room temperature and protect it from light. Throw it away after 3 months, even if you haven't finished all of it.
Store the Tamodex 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.