Tavegyl 2.68 Mg
USA Brand Name
Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Tavegyl:
Clemastine Fumarate is the generic version for Tavegyl
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
About The Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
Tavegyl 2.68 Mg contains Clemastine Fumarate 2.68 mg is antihistaminic which is used in the treatment of Allergic reactions like sneezing, rhinitis, itching, etc, inflammatory conditions like running nose, blocked nose, etc., infection of the skin, nails, hair, etc. You may find this prescription based drug at any of the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only. It is used in human as well as animals to treat all the allergic reactions.
Novartis (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tavegyl 2.68 mg.
Tavegyl 2.68 mg contains Clemastine Fumarate 2.68 mg per tablet which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
Tavegyl 2.68 Mg is used in the treatment of:
- Allergic reactions like rhinitis, rhinorrhea, sneezing, etc.
- Lacrimation or Itching
- Urticaria manifestations
How Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate) Works:
Clemastine Fumarate in Tavegyl 2.68 Mg blocks the effects of naturally occurring chemical substances i.e. histamines in your body. Thus, manages all the allergic reactions.
Before You Use Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Medications, surgeries or procedures, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
- Avoid Alcohol and other drugs like barbiturates
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with this tablet
When Not To Use Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
You should avoid this if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem, Hypertension
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Consult with your doctor about your drug regimen especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Tavegyl or any of its contents
- Have Allergic Conditions like Urticaria, Skin Allergy, Angioedema, etc.
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats and Hypertension
- Have pain in the eye, blurred vision, visual halos or colored images in association with red eyes and Glaucoma
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Tavegyl 2.68 Mg is used for Allergic reactions and may be available in various strengths and substitutes which must be given on prescription only. It is also available in syrup, injection, capsule forms. Consult your doctor for the frequency of dose as age and severity of the disease differ in each individual.
Adults and Children are advised to take Tavegyl 2.68 Mg at a fixed time, preferably suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in patients who are taking CNS depressants.
How Much Of The Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate) to Be Used:
Use the contents of Tavegyl 2.68 mg as much as your doctor has directed. Doses of the tablet may vary with patient conditions and patient response to it but Tavegyl 2.68 mg should not be taken more than thrice in a day at the maximum in any condition. However, starting doses are less than 2.68 mg for any types of populations which is to be increased gradually.
How To Take The Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate):
It must be taken at fixed times with or without food. You may swallow the tablet with water without chewing or breaking it. You may take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Use Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate)
You are always advised to use Tavegyl 2.68 Mg for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not take longer than prescribed as it may cause severe side effects.
Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Bronchospasm, insomnia, drowsiness, palpitations, convulsions, urination problems, etc.
Do not share your medicine with anyone even if they are having similar symptoms. Let them visit the doctor.
A missed dose of Tavegyl should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double or multiply the doses for next time if you missed one or more. You need to talk to your doctor in any case.
What Are The Side Effects Of Tavegyl 2.68 Mg (Clemastine Fumarate)
- Bronchospasm (Wheezing, Chest Tightness, Trouble Breathing)
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Dry Mouth/Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Numbness or Tingly Feeling
- Diarrhea/ Constipation
- Palpitations/ Tachycardia
- Hemolytic Anemia
- Blurred Vision Or Diplopia
- Epigastric Distress
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Tavegyl 2.68 Mg may interact with other drugs you are taking which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors)
Warning And Precaution:
Tavegyl 2.68 Mg is contraindicated in the following conditions:
- Eclampsia and Severe Pre-Eclampsia Intrauterine Infection
- Hypertension or any other heart disease
- Lower Respiratory Diseases
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors
- Eye Disorders (Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, etc)
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions. Do not stop taking medicine even if you feel better; let your doctor decide the usage and duration of the tablet.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- Do not use expired medicines.
- You must consult with your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Do not use Tavegyl 2.68 Mg until recommended by your physician
- Check the label for the usage directions and read the information on insert carefully
Store the Tavegyl 2.68 Mg at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.