Taxim O 200 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alkem Health Science, India
Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)
What Is The Generic Name For Taxim O 200 Mg?
Cefixime is the generic version for Taxim O 200 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Taxim O 200 mg (Cefixime)?
About Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime):
Taxim O 200 mg contains an active ingredient Cefixime 200 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue, blood, and lungs. It is also used to prevent infections after surgery. You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Health Science (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Taxim O 200 mg.
Taxim O 200 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefixime 200 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)?
Taxim O 200 mg is used in:
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media)
- Gonococcal infection
How Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime) Works?
Taxim O 200 mg (Cefixime) is an antibiotic which basically work by killing the bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefixime
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Taxim O 200 mg with dietary sodium
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)?
You should avoid Taxim O 200 mg if you:
- Have severe Diarrhea or Bloody Stool
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Taxim O 200 mg contains Cefixime 200 mg which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Taxim O is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Taxim O 200 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Taxim O 200 mg.
How To Take The Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)?
Taxim O 200 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)?
You are always advised to take Taxim O 200 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Taxim O 200 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Taxim O 200 Mg (Cefixime)?
- Abdominal pain
- Dark or clay colored stools
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excessive air or gas in stomach
- Redness of skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Taxim O 200 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Renal Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Taxim O 200 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Cefixime
- Bleeding Disorders
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
- Impaired kidney function
- Drug Resistance
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Taxim O 200 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Taxim O 200 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.