Taxim O-DT 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alkem Health Science, India
Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)
What Is The Generic Name For Taxim O-DT 100 Mg?
Cefixime is the generic version for Taxim O-DT 100 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Taxim O-DT 100 mg (Cefixime)?
About Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime):
Taxim O-DT 100 mg contains an active ingredient Cefixime 100 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue, blood, and lungs. It is also used to prevent infections after surgery. You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alkem Health Science (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Taxim O-DT 100 mg.
Taxim O-DT 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefixime 100 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)?
Taxim O-DT 100 mg is used in:
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media)
- Gonococcal infection
How Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime) Works?
Taxim O-DT 100 mg (Cefixime) is an antibiotic which basically work by killing the bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefixime
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Taxim O-DT 100 mg with dietary sodium
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)?
You should avoid Taxim O-DT 100 mg if you:
- Have severe Diarrhea or Bloody Stool
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Taxim O-DT 100 mg contains Cefixime 100 mg which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Taxim O-DT 100 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Taxim O-DT 100 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Taxim O-DT 100 mg.
How To Take The Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)?
Taxim O-DT 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)?
You are always advised to take Taxim O-DT 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Taxim O-DT 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Taxim O-DT 100 Mg (Cefixime)?
- Abdominal pain
- Dark or clay colored stools
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excessive air or gas in stomach
- Redness of skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Taxim O-DT 100 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Renal Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Taxim O-DT 100 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Cefixime
- Bleeding Disorders
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
- Impaired kidney function
- Drug Resistance
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Taxim O-DT 100 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Taxim O-DT 100 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.