Telma H 40+12.50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, India
Telma H (40+12.5) Mg (Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide)
What Is The Generic Name For Telma H (40+12.5) Mg?
Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide is the generic version for Telma H (40+12.5) mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Telma H (40+12.5) mg (Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide)?
About Telma H (40+12.5) Mg (Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide):
Telma H (40+12.5) mg contains an active ingredient, Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide, a medicine that is used for the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Telma H (40+12.5) mg.
Telma H (40+12.5) mg contains an active ingredient, Telmisartan 40 mg Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Telma H (40+12.5) Mg?
Telma H (40+12.5) mg is used in:
- Heart Failure
- Kidney Stone
How Telma H (40+12.5) Mg (Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide) Works?
Telma H (40+12.5) mg has active ingredients:
Telmisartan, an angiotensin receptor blocker which basically works by relaxing blood vessels which lower the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart
Hydrochlorothiazide, a thiazide diuretic which lowers the blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and electrolytes from the body
Before You Use Telma H (40+12.5) Mg (Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Telma H (40+12.5) Mg (Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as Banana and Broccoli as Telma H (40+12.5) mg raises the Potassium levels in the body.
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Telma H (40+12.5) Mg?
You should avoid Telma H (40+12.5) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Avoid taking it at bedtime because it makes you urinate more often
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to sulpha drugs
- Are Photosensitive
- Have Swelling of the Lips, Tongue, and Throat that may affect Breathing
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have Heart Disease
- Have Diabetes or Gout
- Have Asthma and Lupus Erythematosus
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Telma H (40+12.5) mg contains an active ingredient, Telmisartan Hydrochlorothiazide, used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. Telma H (40+12.5) mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Telma H (40+12.5) mg at a fixed time, preferably in morning time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. This medicine is effective in elderly population who are at higher risk of developing Heart Diseases.
How Much Of The Telma H (40+12.5) Mg to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Telma H (40+12.5) mg. It is better to take the first dose of Telma H (40+12.5) mg before bed to reduce symptomatic hypotension.
How To Take The Telma H (40+12.5) Mg?
Telma H (40+12.5) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
As it enhances the levels of Potassium in the body hence do not take Potassium Rich food like Banana and Broccoli while taking this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Telma H (40+12.5) Mg?
You are always advised to take Telma H (40+12.5) mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Telma H (40+12.5) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Telma H (40+12.5) Mg?
- Changes in Vision
- Increased Heartbeat
- Difficulty or Painful Urination
- Abdominal Pain
- Increased Blood Uric Acid
- Increased Potassium Level In Blood
- Glucose Intolerance
- Altered Blood Lipids
- Back Pain
- Muscle Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Telma H (40+12.5) mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Congestive Heart Failure
Warning And Precaution:
Telma H (40+12.5) mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pediatric Population (below 18 years)
- Pregnant women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your unborn baby
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Drink more water to fulfill your body requirements and to prevent dehydration.
- Use sunscreen to protect your body while taking Telma H tablet.
- Get up slowly from a lying position to avoid Hypotension.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Telma H (40+12.5) mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Telma H (40+12.5) mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.