Tenvir 300 Mg
USA Brand Name
Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir)
What Is The Generic Name For Tenvir:
Tenofovir is the generic version for Tenvir
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tenvir 300 mg (Tenofovir):
About Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
Tenvir 300 mg contains an active ingredient Tenofovir 300 mg, which is used in the treatment of HIV infection. It is a prescription based drug which can be bought from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tenvir 300 mg.
Tenvir 300 mg contains Tenofovir 300 mg per capsule which is also available in the various strength and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drug stores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
Tenvir 300 mg is used in:
- HIV Infection
- Chronic Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
How Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir) Works:
Tenvir 300 mg (Tenofovir) is an antiviral medication that prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells, stops the virus from producing new viruses in the human body
Before You Use Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tenofovir
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing Disease, Surgeries, Medications, Herbal Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving as it may cause dizziness or sleepiness
- Avoid sexual intercourse or take necessary precautions because this medicine does not stop the transmission of the Virus
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
You should not take Tenvir 300 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy / Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver Disease
- Have severe inflammation of the pancreas
- Have any neurological disorder
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Develop signs of drowsiness/ dizziness, difficulty sleeping or Allergic reactions or inflammation
- Have kidney/ Liver Disease
- Have peripheral neuropathy
- Have pancreatitis
- Have intolerance to sugars like lactose intolerance
- Have or had any Mental Illness or Convulsions or Seizures
- Are Pregnant / Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Tenvir 300 mg contains Tenofovir, which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. Tenvir 300 mg is the antiviral drug available on prescription only in various strengths and substitutes. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Tenofovir is available in solution, injection, and tablet forms. Patients are advised to take Tenvir 300 mg at a fixed time empty stomach (at least 1-2 hr before meal). Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children and pregnant women. It is nearly safe during breastfeeding.
How Much Of The Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Tenvir 300 mg. Every patient must follow the drug regimen as suggested.
How To Take The Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
Tenvir 300 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It has to be taken empty stomach.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
Patients are always advised to take Tenvir 300 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Also, do not stop taking the medicine in between the course even you feel better than before.
Contact your doctor or reach nearby medical emergency immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like lactic acidosis, abdominal pain, nausea, weight loss, deep breathing, neurological disorders, etc.
Do not share your medicine with your relatives even if they are having similar symptoms. Let them visit the doctor for proper treatment.
A missed dose of Tenvir 300 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You need to skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
Try not to miss any dose for better effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Tenvir 300 Mg (Tenofovir):
- Dizziness/ Sleepiness
- Nervousness and confusion
- Skin rash and itching
- Decrease in granulocyte count
- Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
- Abnormal Dreams
- Increased liver enzymes
- Inflammation in pancreas
- Difficulty in paying attention
- Increased triglyceride level in blood
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Tenvir 300 mg may interfere with other medicines you are already taking and this interaction may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. To prevent yourself from these interactions you must tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Tenvir 300 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Tenofovir
- CNS defects
- Lactose intolerance
- Liver or kidney issues
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in any diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- You must take necessary precautions while taking this medicine to prevent yourself from its adverse reactions.
- Do not use expired medicine and always read the information on leaflet or insert of the medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related dose, time, and strength of the Capsule
Do not stop taking Tenvir 300 mg on your own or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician. Let your doctor decide the course of medicines.
Store the Tenvir 300 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the capsules should be intact and not damaged.