Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
What Is The Generic Name For Tiova Inhaler?
Tiotropium Bromide is the generic version for Tiova Inhaler
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)?
- Spiriva Inhaler
About The Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide):
Tiova Inhaler contains an active ingredient, Tiotropium Bromide 9 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may find it from all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tiova Inhaler 9 mcg.
Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Tiotropium Bromide 9 mcg, 200MDI per inhaler and available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)?
Tiova Inhaler is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Constriction of Airways
How Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide) Works?
Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide) basically works by decreasing the activity of acetylcholine on the lungs which relaxes and opens up the air passages to make breathing easier.
Before You Use Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Levosalbutamol Tiotropium Bromide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tiotropium Bromide
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)?
- You should avoid the Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Tiova Inhaler.
When Not To Use Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)?
You should avoid Inhaler if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Are near to source of heat or flame as the Inhaler may explode at high temperatures
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
- Have Eye Problems like Glaucoma and others
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Inhaler or any of its contents
- Have Allergic Conditions like Skin Rashes, Urticaria, Skin Allergy, Angioedema, etc.
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have prostate problems, have difficulty passing urine or suffer from kidney diseases
- Have pain or discomfort in the eye, blurred vision, and Glaucoma
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Tiova Inhaler contains Tiotropium Bromide 9 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and COPD. These Inhalers are available in various strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to take Tiova Inhaler at a fixed time. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide) to Be Used?
You should inhale 2 puffs of Tiova Inhaler four times a day. Moreover, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage and usage
If you need to take more medicine content than prescribed; it means you may have a serious problem and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
How To Take The Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)?
Shake the Tiova Inhaler properly before use. Press down on the inhaler one time to release the medication, breathing in from mouth, and hold your breath for 10 seconds. You must repeat inhaling until you have inhaled the number of puffs suggested by your doctor. Afterwards, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and spit it out to prevent your mouth from infection
For How Long Should You Use Tiova Inhaler 9 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)?
You are always advised to use Tiova Inhaler for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not use it longer than prescribed to prevent yourself from adverse effects.
Call your doctor immediately or reach nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting an overdose.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once to avoid the adverse effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Tiova Inhaler (100 Mcg + 100 Mcg) (Tiotropium Bromide)?
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Uneven Heart Beats
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Dry Mouth/Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Numbness or Tingly Feeling
- Blurred Vision/Myalgia
- Nose Bleeding
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Tiova Inhaler which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Adrenergic Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution:
Tiova Inhaler should be used cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Eye Disorders (Glaucoma and Blurred Vision)
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in your diseased conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Protect yourself from inhalation powder of Inhaler to enter your eye as this may worsen narrow angle glaucoma causing eye pain, blurred vision, seeing halos around lights, reddening of eyes etc.
- Regularly wipe out the mouthpiece of Inhaler with a fibre-free cloth/Tissue
- Cover the mouth of inhaler by putting the cap on it after use regularly
- You must contact your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
- Do not use Tiova Inhaler until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions and Read the information carefully before use.
Store the Tiova Inhaler at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.