Tiova Rotacaps 18 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
What Is The Generic Name For Tiova Rotacap
Tiotropium Bromide is the generic version for Tiova Rotacap
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
- Spiriva Rotacap
About The Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
Tiova Rotacap contains an active ingredient, Tiotropium Bromide 18 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may find it from all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tiova Rotacap 18 mcg.
Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Tiotropium Bromide 18 mcg per Rotacap and available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
Tiova Rotacap is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Constriction of Airways
How Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide) Works
Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide) basically works by decreasing the activity of acetylcholine on the lungs which relaxes and opens up the air passages to make breathing easier.
Before You Use Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Levosalbutamol Tiotropium Bromide)
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tiotropium Bromide
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
- You should avoid the Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Tiova Rotacap.
When Not To Use Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
You should avoid Rotacap if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
- Have Eye Problems like Glaucoma and others
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Are Allergic to the Rotacap or any of its contents
- Have Allergic Conditions like Skin Rashes, Urticaria, Skin Allergy, Angioedema, etc.
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have prostate problems, have difficulty passing urine or suffer from kidney diseases
- Have pain or discomfort in the eye, blurred vision, and Glaucoma
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Tiova Rotacap contains Tiotropium Bromide 18 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and COPD. These Rotacaps are available in various strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose of the medicine as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to take Tiova Rotacap at a fixed time. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide) to Be Used
You should inhale whole capsule contents in one time. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage per day.
If you feel like to take more medicinal contents than prescribed; it means you may have a serious problem and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
How To Take The Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
Place the capsule at the base of Rotahaler (a device to use rotacaps) not in the mouthpiece. Twist the mouthpiece completely until your hear a click and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for up to 10 seconds.
If some powder remains in the Rotahaler, then repeat the process.
For How Long Should You Use Tiova Rotacap 18 Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide)
You are always advised to use Tiova Rotacap for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not use it longer than prescribed to prevent yourself from adverse effects.
Call your doctor immediately or reach nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting an overdose.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once to avoid the adverse effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Tiova Rotacap (100 Mcg + 100 Mcg) (Tiotropium Bromide)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Uneven Heart Beats
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Dry Mouth/Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Numbness or Tingly Feeling
- Blurred Vision/Myalgia
- Nose Bleeding
What Are The Common Drug Interactions
Few medicines may interact with Tiova Rotacap which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Adrenergic Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution
Tiova Rotacap should be used cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Eye Disorders (Glaucoma and Blurred Vision)
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in your diseased conditions.
Things To Remember
- Keep out of reach of children
- Protect yourself from inhalation powder of Rotacap to enter your eye as this may worsen narrow angle glaucoma causing eye pain, blurred vision, seeing halos around lights, reddening of eyes etc.
- Regularly wipe out the mouthpiece of Rotacap with a fibre-free cloth/Tissue
- Cover the mouth of Rotacap by putting the cap on it after use regularly
- You must contact your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication
- Do not use Tiova Rotacap until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions and Read the information carefully before use.
Store the Tiova Rotacap at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.