Tonact EZ 20+10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe
Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe)
What Is The Generic Name For Tonact EZ:
Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe is the generic version for Tonact EZ
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
About Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe)
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg is a statin category drug with a combination of two active ingredients Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe, which is used to reduce Increased Triglycerides and increased Cholesterol (bad cholesterol). You can find this prescription drug from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Lupin (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tonact EZ (20+10) mg.
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg contains an active ingredient, Atorvastatin 10 mg and Amlodipine Besylate 5 mg. You may find this cholesterol-lowering drug in various strengths at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg is used in the treatment of:
- Increased Triglycerides
- Increased Cholesterol
- Heart complications
- Prevention of heart attack
- Prevention of atherosclerotic stroke
- Cardiovascular disease
How Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe) Works:
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg is a lipid (Cholesterol) lowering drug of statin category which has Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe, as the main ingredients. Atorvastatin lowers the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (LDL) while raising the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
Ezetimibe is a drug molecule which is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor which prevents absorption of cholesterol from the intestines. They both provide better reduction of cholesterol in the human body.
Before You Use Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history like any disease, infections, surgeries, or if you are taking any supplements or medicines)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
- Avoid driving while after taking this tablet
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
You should not take Tonact EZ (20+10) mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy
- Have severe Liver/ Kidney/ Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/ Conceiving/ Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have a sudden fever, muscle pain, stomach pain, weakness, loss of hunger, dark urine or yellow color in your eyes or skin, and sick feeling.
- Have Seizures/Epilepsy
- Have any Heart Problem/ Diabetes/Asthma
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg contains Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe to reduce the cholesterol levels and is also available in various strengths and substitutes. It is available as tablets, capsules, or injections form and must be given on prescription only. You must consult your doctor for dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Patients are advised to take Tonact EZ (20+10) mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with a meal or without a meal. It is not recommended for pediatric use and pregnant/ breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Tonact EZ (20+10) mg.
How To Take The Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. You may take it with meals or without meals.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
You are always advised to take Tonact EZ (20+10) mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine on your own. Always take doctors instructions and help to start or stop the medicine. Also, you are not supposed to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended by your doctor as it may cause fatal effects.
Contact your doctor or reach the medical emergency center immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms like Joint or muscle pain with fever, vomiting, dark urine, etc. Also, do not share your medicine with your family members or friends if any one of them is having similar symptoms.
You should try to take every dose of Tonact EZ (20+10) mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Tonact EZ (20+10) mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Tonact EZ (20+10) Mg (Atorvastatin and Ezetimibe):
- Increased liver enzymes
- The yellow color of eyes or skin
- Muscle, Joint, Back Pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Dark color urine
- Abdominal pain
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Respiratory disorder
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking or going to take. This interaction may cause some adverse effects or causes your drug not to work properly. You must always discuss with your doctor if you are on other medication, supplements, or vitamins. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Macrolide Antibiotics
It may interact with your diseased conditions:
Warning And Precaution:
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg is contraindicated in:
- Pre-existing Gallbladder Disease
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women
- Severe Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Active Liver Disease
- Children less than 18 years old
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Regular exercise and low-fat diet help to lower the levels of fat in the blood.
- Keep out of reach and sight of the children
- Do not use the expired medicines
- Read the information written on the leaflet of the medicine carefully.
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time and strength of the medication.
Tonact EZ (20+10) mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Tonact EZ (20+10) mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and are not damaged while purchasing.