Tropicacyl Plus 3 ml
USA Brand Name
Phenylephrine + Tropicamide
Sunways India Pvt. Ltd, India
Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide)
What Is The Generic Name For Phenylephrine + Tropicamide?
Phenylephrine + Tropicamide is the generic version for Tropicacyl Eye Drop
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml?
- Mydral Eye Drop
About Tropicacyl Eye Drops (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide):
Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml contains an active ingredient, Phenylephrine + Tropicamide, which is used in Uveitis and Eye Examination. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
Sunways India Pvt. Ltd. (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Tropicacyl Eye Drops.
Tropicacyl Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Phenylephrine + Tropicamide, in a 3 Ml bottle which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide)?
Phenylephrine + Tropicamide is used in:
- Eye Examination
- Intraocular Tension
How Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide) Works?
Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 Ml is consisting of Phenylephrine + Tropicamide, which basically dilates the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
Before You Use Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Phenylephrine + Tropicamide
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml?
- You should avoid alcohol consumption
- Avoid using Contact Lenses
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- You should avoid the use of another eye drop within 24 hrs of its use.
When Not To Use Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide)?
You should avoid Phenylephrine + Tropicamide if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have redness, swelling or inflammation in eyes
- Are going outside as it is sunlight sensitive
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to it
- Have any Inflammation or any pressure problem inside the eye.
- Are taking other medicines for an eye only
- Have redness, swelling, itching or other severe inflammation in the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml contains an active ingredient, Phenylephrine + Tropicamide, which is used in Uveitis and Eye Examination and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 Ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor.
How Much Of The Tropicacyl Eye Drops 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Phenylephrine + Tropicamide. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide)?
Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 Ml should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml (Phenylephrine + Tropicamide)?
You are always advised to use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the Eye Drops should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time to make up the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 ml?
- Stinging in Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Dry Mouth
- Phenylephrine + Tropicamide in other dosage forms can cause more side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Tropicacyl Eye Drops which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well-planned medication can be followed. Tell your doctor about the eye drops you are using other then Tropicacyl Eye Drops.
Warning And Precaution:
Tropicacyl Eye Drop 3 Ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Eye disorders or inflammation or Surgeries
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch the tip of the Eye Drop while using it and use it within a month once opened
- You should not take part in activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely as your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering the eye drops
- It is sunlight sensitive so cover your eye with sunglasses while going outside
- You should not use other Eye drops till 24 hrs of taking Phenylephrine + Tropicamide
- Clean your hands and eyes before using the Eye Drops
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Lacrimal sac of the eye should be compressed for two to three minutes after instillation of eye drops to avoid excessive systemic absorption.
Store it at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.