Valzaar H 80+12.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India
Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)
What Is The Generic Name For Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg?
Valsartan Hctz is the generic version for Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
About Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz):
Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg contains an active ingredient, Valsartan 80 mg, and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg, and used for the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg.
Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg contains an active ingredient, Valsartan 80 mg and Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg is used in:
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
How Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz) Works?
- zaar H 12.5/80 mg has two active ingredients,
- Valsartan Hctz, an angiotensin receptor blocker basically works by relaxing blood vessels which lower the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart.
- Hydrochlorothiazide comes under a class of Thiazide Diuretic. It basically lowers blood pressure and fluid retention in edema by removing the extra water and electrolytes from the body.Val
Before You Use Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Valsartan Hctz
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as Banana and Broccoli as Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg raises the Potassium levels in the body.
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
You should avoid Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are hypersensitive and Photosensitive
- Have Swelling of the Lips, Tongue, and Throat that may affect Breathing
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have Asthma
- Have gout or Diabetes
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg contains active ingredients, Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide, used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. This medicine is not recommended for pediatric use.
How Much Of The Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg. It is better to take the first dose of Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg before bed to reduce symptomatic hypotension.
How To Take The Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
As it enhances the levels of Potassium in the body hence do not take Potassium Rich food like Banana and Broccoli while taking this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
You are always advised to take Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Valzaar H 12.5/80 Mg (Valsartan Hctz)?
- Difficult or Painful Urination
- Fast Heartbeat
- Chest Tightness
- Sore Throat
- Itching or Rash
- Abdominal and Stomach Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Joint Pain, Stiffness, and Swelling
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Medicines
- It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Hepatic Dysfunction
- Renal Dysfunction/Renal Artery Stenosis
- Volume and Electrolyte Depletion
- Pediatric Population (below 6 years)
- Pregnant women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your unborn baby
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Monitoring of Blood Pressure, Liver Function, and Electrolyte Levels should be done regularly
- Take water as much as you can to keep yourself Hydrated during this therapy
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Valzaar H 12.5/80 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.