Venpres 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Leeford Healthcare Ltd.
About Venpres 40
Venpres-40 is manufactured by Leeford Healthcare Ltd. and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. It comes in the form of tablets in strength of 40 mg. Venpres-40 is an Angiotensin 2 receptor blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels, which helps to lower the blood pressure.
USA Brands Equivalent To Venpres-40
Micardis is the drug equivalent to Venpres-40 in the US market.
Uses Of Telmisartan, The Salt In Venpres-40
Venpres-40 is used to treat high blood pressure alone or with other medicines. It is also used to reduce the risk of a heart attack, stroke and death due to heart problems in certain patients.
How Venpres-40 Works?
Venpres-40 interferes with the binding of Angiotensin II to the Angiotensin II AT1 receptor by binding reversibly and selectively to the receptors in vascular smooth muscle and the adrenal gland. As Angiotensin II is a vasoconstrictor, that also stimulates the synthesis and release of Aldosterone. Blockage of its effects results in decrease in systemic vascular resistance. Venpres-40 does not inhibit the Angiotensin converting enzyme, other hormone receptors, or ion channels.
Manufacturer Of Venpres-40
Venpres-40 is manufactured by Leeford Healthcare Ltd. and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store.
Venpres-40 contains 40 mg of Telmisartan.
Initial dose is 40 mg orally once a day with or without food. Maintenance dose is 20-80 mg once a day.
How To Take Venpres-40?
Venpres-40 must be taken orally by mouth with a glass of water with or without food. Do not remove the tablet from the blister seal until you are ready to take your dose.
Side Effects Of Venpres-40
It may cause certain side effects like
- Allergic reaction – hives, difficult breathing; swelling on face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- It can cause a condition that result in the breakdown of skeletal muscle tissue, leading to kidney failure.
- Unexplained muscle pain, tenderness or weakness.
- Fever, unusual tiredness and dark colored urine.
- A light-headed feeling, like you might pass out
- Rapid weight gain
- High potassium (slow heart rate, weak pulse, muscle weakness, tingly feeling).
- Stuffy nose, sinus pain
- Back pain
Consult the doctor if you encounter any of the above mentioned side- effects.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Venpres-40?
Venpres-40 must be taken on a regular schedule to get the most benefit from it. Taking the drug at the same time each day will help you remember to take it. Continue to take it even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
Overdose Of Venpres-40
Don’t take more than the prescribed dose. If you have taken more than the prescribed dose, do consult your doctor immediately. Overdose symptoms may include fainting, fast or slow heartbeat, severe dizziness or light-headedness.
Missed Dose of Venpres-40?
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drug Interactions for Venpres-40
The drugs that are known to interact with Venpres are:
- Diuretics (eg, furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide) because the risk of low blood pressure may be increased.
- Potassium-sparing diuretics (eg, spironolactone, triamterene) or potassium supplements because the risk of high blood potassium levels may be increased.
- ACE inhibitors (eg, lisinopril, ramipril) or aliskiren because the risk of certain side effects (eg, kidney problems, high blood potassium levels, low blood pressure) may be increased.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (eg, celecoxib, indomethacin) because they may decrease its effectiveness and the risk of kidney problems may be increased.
- Digoxin or lithium because the risk of their side effects may be increased by telmisartan
When Not to take Venpres-40?
- If you are allergic to any ingredient in it.
- If you are pregnant
- If you are taking a medicine that contains aliskiren and you also have diabetes or kidney problems. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure if a medicine you take contains aliskiren.
- You are taking Ramipril
General Information About Venpres-40
Venpres-40 is used in the indication of high blood pressure. It is used to treat high blood pressure, thereby decreasing the risk of heart attack, stroke & death.