Virovir 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)
What Is The Generic Name For Virovir 250 Mg?
Famciclovir is the generic version for Virovir 250 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Virovir 250 mg (Famciclovir)?
About Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir):
Virovir 250 Mg Contains An Active Ingredient Famciclovir 250 Mg, Which Is Used In The Treatment of Herpes Labialis, Genital Herpes Infection, and Herpes Zoster You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
FDC (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Virovir 250 mg.
Virovir 250 mg contains Famciclovir 250 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strength and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)?
Virovir 250 mg is used in:
- Herpes Zoster Infections
- Genital Herpes
- Herpes labialis
How Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir) Works?
Virovir 250 mg (Famciclovir) is an antiviral medication which prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells stopping the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Famciclovir
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You must avoid sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Virovir for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)?
You should avoid Virovir 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Kidney Problems as its use can lead to kidney stone or damage so dosage needs to be adjusted
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Virovir 250 mg contains Famciclovir 250 mg which is used in the treatment of herpes labialis, genital herpes infection and herpes zoster. Virovir 250 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Virovir 250 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Virovir 250 mg.
How To Take The Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)?
Virovir 250 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)?
You are always advised to take Virovir 250 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Virovir 250 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Virovir 250 Mg (Famciclovir)?
- Elevated liver enzymes
- Nervousness and confusion
- Skin rash and itching
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Virovir 250 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- Renal Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Virovir 250 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Famciclovir
- Impaired kidney function
- Old Population
- Effect on Nervous system
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Take plenty of water while taking Virovir. It will help you to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Virovir 250 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Virovir 250 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.