Votrient 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)
What Is The Generic Name For Votrient 400 Mg?
Pazopanib is the generic version for Votrient 400 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Votrient 400 mg (Pazopanib)?
About Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib):
Votrient 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Pazopanib, an anticancer medicine which is used to treat kidney cancer and soft tissue sarcoma. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Glaxo SmithKline (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Votrient 400 mg.
Votrient 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Pazopanib, 400 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)?
Votrient 400 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Kidney Cancer
- Soft Tissue Sarcoma
How Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib) Works?
Votrient 400 mg has an active anticancer ingredient, Pazopanib. It basically works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply which helps to stop or slows down the spread of cancer cells.
Before You Use Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Pazopanib
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving and doing a job on machinery
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)?
You should avoid Votrient 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems
- Are going to have a Surgery or have been recently operated
- Suffer from Shortness of Breath/Blood Coughing/Stomach Pain/Blurred or Impaired Vision
- Have any Liver Disease
- Have Thyroid Problem
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Votrient 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Pazopanib, which is used in the treatment of Cholestatic Liver Disease. Votrient 400 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Votrient 400 mg at a fixed time empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal) preferably after food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for children under 18 years of age.
How Much Of The Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Votrient 400 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)?
Votrient 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal)
For How Long Should You Continue Using Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)?
You are always advised to take Votrient 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Votrient 400 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Votrient 400 Mg (Pazopanib)?
- Loss of Appetite
- Breathing Difficulty
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Altered Taste
- Abnormal Skin Pigmentation
- Hair Discolouration
- Abdominal Pain
- Hair and Weight Loss
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Votrient 400 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Votrient 400 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Frequent monitoring of Liver/Kidney function should be performed
- Water and Fluid Balance should be maintained
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Votrient 400 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Votrient 400 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.