Zytanix 2.5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)
What Is The Generic Name For Zytanix 2.5 Mg?
Metolazone is the generic version for Zytanix 2.5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Zytanix 2.5 mg (Metolazone)?
Zaroxolyn is a medicine containing the same chemical composition as Zytanix and is the best alternative to Zytanix. It is a water pill (a thiazide diuretic) that prevents fluid retention by lowering too much salt absorption. Zaroxolyn is meant specially for treating fluid retention in people with congestive heart failure and kidney disorders. Zaroxolyn also helps in treating hypertension.
About Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone):
Zytanix 2.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Metolazone, which is used in Hypertension, Heart Failure, Fluid Retention (Edema) and Kidney Stone. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Zydus Cadila is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Zytanix 2.5 mg.
Zytanix 2.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Metolazone, 2.5 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)?
Zytanix 2.5 mg is used in:
- Heart Failure
- Fluid Retention (Edema)
- Kidney Stone
How Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone) Works?
Zytanix 2.5 mg has an active ingredient, Metolazone, a thiazide diuretic. It lowers Blood Pressure and Fluid Retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body.
Before You Use Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Metolazone or its byproducts or Sulfa Drugs, and Thiazides
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid long exposure to Sunlight
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)?
You should avoid Zytanix 2.5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are unable to Urinate
- Have Precoma or are in a coma caused by severe liver disease
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Had Diabetes
- Have Gout
- Low Blood Sodium or Potassium Levels
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Diabetes/Gout
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus/Precoma
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Zytanix 2.5 mg contains an active ingredient, Metolazone, which is used in Hypertension, Heart Failure, Fluid Retention (Edema) and Kidney Stone. Zytanix 2.5 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Zytanix 2.5 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Zytanix 2.5 mg.
How To Take The Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)?
Zytanix 2.5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
Take Potassium Rich food like Banana and Broccoli while taking this medicine as it lowers the potassium Levels
For How Long Should You Continue Using Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)?
You are always advised to take Zytanix 2.5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Zytanix 2.5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Zytanix 2.5 Mg (Metolazone)?
- Chest pain
- Dry mouth
- Joint pain, stiffness, and swelling
- Increased urination
- Itching or rash
- Abdominal and stomach pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Zytanix 2.5 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Medicines
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Zytanix 2.5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Volume and Electrolyte Depletion
- Do not consume Zytanix with Zaroxolyn. It can lead to overdose symptoms.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of blood pressure and electrolytes level is necessary during this Drug Therapy
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Zytanix 2.5 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Zytanix 2.5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.