Aquazide 25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Laboratories, India
Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)
What Is The Generic Name For Aquazide 25 Mg?
Hydrochlorothiazide is the generic version for Aquazide 25 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Aquazide 25 mg?
About Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide):
Aquazide 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Hydrochlorothiazide, which is used in Hypertension, Heart Failure, and Fluid Retention (Edema). You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Laboratories (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Aquazide 25 mg.
Aquazide 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Hydrochlorothiazide, 25 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
Aquazide 25 mg is used in:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Fluid Retention (Edema)
How Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide) Works?
Aquazide 25 mg has an active ingredient, Hydrochlorothiazide, a thiazide diuretic. It lowers Blood Pressure and Fluid Retention in edema by removing the extra water and certain electrolytes from the body.
Before You Use Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Hydrochlorothiazide or its byproducts or Sulfa Drugs, and Thiazides
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Aquazide 25 Mg?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid long exposure to Sunlight
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
You should avoid Aquazide 25 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are unable to Urinate (Anuria)
- Have Precoma or are in a coma caused by severe liver disease
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Had Diabetes
- Have Gout
- Low Blood Sodium or Potassium Levels
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Diabetes/Gout
- Have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus/Precoma
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Aquazide 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Hydrochlorothiazide, which is used in Hypertension, Heart Failure, and Fluid Retention (Edema). Aquazide 25 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Aquazide 25 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be cautiously used in Patients with Kidney Disease.
How Much Of The Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Aquazide 25 mg.
How To Take The Aquazide 25 Mg (Hydrochlorothiazide)?
Aquazide 25 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food. Do not take it in the night time as it causes excess urination.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Aquazide 25 Mg?
You are always advised to take Aquazide 25 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Aquazide 25 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Aquazide 25 Mg?
- Increased Urination
- Itching or Rash
- Abdominal and Stomach Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Joint Pain, Stiffness, and Swelling
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Aquazide 25 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Medicines
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Aquazide 25 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Kidney Disease
- Volume and electrolyte Depletion
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring of blood pressure and electrolytes level is necessary during this Drug Therapy
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Take an adequate amount of water and fluids to avoid dehydration caused due to excessive urination
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Aquazide 25 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Aquazide 25 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.