Aromasin 25 Mg
USA Brand Name
Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane)
What Is The Generic Name For Aromasin 25 Mg:
Exemestane is the generic version for Aromasin 25 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Aromasin 25 mg (Exemestane):
About Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane):
Aromasin 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Exemestane, which is used in the treatment of Breast Cancer. You may take it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Pfizer (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Aromasin 25 mg.
Aromasin 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Exemestane, 25 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane):
- Aromasin 25 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Breast Cancer (at any age)
How Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane) Works:
Aromasin 25 mg contains an aromatase inhibitor, Exemestane which lowers the amount of estrogen (natural female hormone) produced in the body which further lower or stop the growth of some breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.
Before You Use Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Exemestane
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane):
You should avoid Aromasin 25 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Problems
- Have Kidney Problems
- Have Diabetes
- Have Bone Pain or Fracture
- Have Swelling in the Feet, Ankle or Legs
- Have had a Surgery or have been operated recently
- Take Alcohol
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Aromasin 25 mg contains an active ingredient, Exemestane, which is used in the treatment of Breast Cancer. Aromasin 25 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
It is not recommended for Pediatric Population and should be given on doctor’s prescription only.
How Much Of The Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Aromasin 25 mg. Do not exceed the dose on your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane):
Aromasin 25 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it empty stomach (1 hr prior or 2 hrs after the meal)
For How Long Should You Continue Using Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane)
You are always advised to take Aromasin 25 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Aromasin 25 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Aromasin 25 Mg (Exemestane)
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Vaginal bleeding
- Hair loss
- Change in mood
- Hot flushes
- Muscoskeletal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Weight gain
- Joint pain
- Sore Throat
- Skin Rashes
- Stomach pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Aromasin 25 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It may interact with the few diseased conditions:
- Liver Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Aromasin 25 mg should be used very cautiously or avoided in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Postmenopausal Women
- It is prohibited in sports by world antidoping Agency
- This medicine is not recommended for Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Aromasin 25 mg suddenly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store it at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.