Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate)
What Is The Generic Name For Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg:
Mometasone Furoate is the generic version for Asmanex Twisthaler
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
- Asmanex Twisthaler
About The Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
Asmanex Twisthaler 400 mcg contains a steroidal active ingredient, Mometasone Furoate 400 mcg, used in the treatment of severe Asthma and Allergic Disorder. You may get it at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
MSD is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Asmanex Twisthaler 400 mcg.
Asmanex Twisthaler contains Mometasone Furoate 400 mcg, an active ingredient which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
- Inhaler (Doses)
What Are The Uses Of The Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
Asmanex Twisthaler is used in the treatment of:
- Allergic Disorders
How Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate) Works:
Asmanex Twisthaler 400 mcg contains Mometasone Furoate which basically stops the release of certain natural substances in the body that are responsible for inflammation.
Before You Use Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
Make sure that you are
- Not allergic to Mometasone Furoate
- Not taking Alcohol
- Not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- You have informed your doctor about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, and Supplements
What Should You Avoid While Taking Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
- Avoid the Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that need your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines on your own or without prescriptions as these may react with Mometasone Furoate
When Not To Use Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
You should not use this inhaler if you:
- Have allergy to milk proteins
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Suddenly facing an acute Asthma attack as this medicine is for long term use and effects; it cannot control acute attacks
- Are near a flame or source of heat as the inhaler may explode at high temperatures
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
Tell Your Doctor If You:
Are Allergic to Mometasone Furoate
- Have Tuberculosis
- Have Glaucoma or history of cataracts
- Have Herpes infection in your eyes and Infection in Throat/Mouth
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Asmanex Twisthaler 400 mcg contains a steroid, Mometasone Furoate 400 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and Allergic Disorders. Asmanex Twisthaler is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Consult your doctor for the frequency and dosage of the drug as age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Patients are advised to take Asmanex Twisthaler at a fixed time. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate) to Be Used:
You must inhale once at one time. Moreover, Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s instructions for the dosage and usage
How To Take The Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate):
Hold the Twisthaler in upright position with colored base on the bottom. Remove the cap of the Twisthaler by twisting its cap in counterclockwise direction. When you will lift up the cap of the Twisthaler, the dose counter on the base will count down by one. By removing the cap, Twisthaler with the medicine is ready to inhale. Then bring the Twisthaler up to your mouth with the mouthpiece facing toward you and place it in your mouth holding it in a horizontal position. Close your lips firmly without covering its ventilation holes around the mouthpiece and take in a fast, deep breath. As the medicine is a very fine powder, you may not be able to taste, smell, or feel it after inhalation.
Remove the Twisthaler from your mouth after inhalation and hold your breath for about 10 seconds, or as long as you can.
For How Long Should You Use Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate)
You are always advised to use Asmanex Twisthaler for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not take it for long period if not prescribed as it may lead to adverse effects.
Call your doctor immediately or rush to the nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting a symptomatic Overdose.
A missed dose of Inhaler should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed the dose once.
What Are The Side Effects Of Asmanex Twisthaler 400 Mcg (Mometasone Furoate)
Allergic reactions: Rashes, Swelling of face, mouth and tongue and breathing Problems
- Sneezing/ Cough
- Sore Throat
- RTI (Respiratory Tract Infections)
- Painful Menstruation Periods
- Sinus Problems
- Worsening Sudden Asthma Attacks
- Cataract/ Glaucoma
- Growth Defects
- Hypercorticism and adrenal suppression/Adrenal Insufficiency
- Decreased Bone Mass
- Fungal Infections
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines may interact with Asmanex Twisthaler which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Antibiotics (Erythromycin)
- Antifungal drugs like Clotrimazole and Ketoconazole
- Antiviral like Nelfinavir, and Ritonavir
- Antidepressants: Paroxetine and Sertraline
Warning And Precaution:
Asmanex Twisthaler 400 mcg should be used very cautiously in:
- Fungal Infections
- Acute Asthma Attack
- Breathing Problems
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- It is advised to eat smaller, more frequent meals and drinking plenty of fluids while taking Mometasone Furoate.
- Keep out of reach of children
- You should not move with the device (keep it straight)
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Inhaler with a fibre-free tissue/cloth.
- Always put the cap on Twisthaler after use
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions.
- Twisthaler has a dose counter at the base which will tell you about the number of doses left or it is empty or not
- Do not use it more than prescribed and also do not stop taking it suddenly as it is a steroid and may cause withdrawal effects.
- Store the twisthaler at the cool temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.
- Use this Twisthaler either within 45 days or till dose counter shows “0” whatever be first.