Mycobutol 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cadila Pharmaceuticals, India
Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)
What Is The Generic Name For Mycobutol 400 Mg?
Ethambutol is the generic version for Mycobutol 400 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)?
About Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)
Mycobutol 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Ethambutol, which is used in the treatment of Tuberculosis and available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cadila Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Mycobutol 400 mg.
Mycobutol 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Ethambutol, 400 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)?
Mycobutol 400 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol) Works?
Mycobutol 400 mg has an active ingredient, Ethambutol, which works by slowing the growth of Tuberculosis causing bacteria.
Before You Use Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Ethambutol
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)?
You should avoid Mycobutol 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Ethambutol
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to Ethambutol or other Tetracyclines
- Have Diabetes or other Inflammatory Disease
- Have Gout (Swelling, Pain, Redness, and Stiffness in Joints due to deposition of Uric Acid)
- Have Eye Problems like Cataract, Optic Neuritis, Inflammation, Diabetic Retinopathy, etc.
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Mycobutol 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Ethambutol, which is used in the treatment of Asthma and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for the duration of dosage and frequency as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Mycobutol 400 mg at a fixed time with or without food as instructed by your Doctor. It should not be given to the children below 13 years.
How Much Of The Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol) to Be Used?
Mycobutol 400 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Mycobutol 400 mg.
How To Take The Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)?
Mycobutol 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food. It should be taken with other medications to prevent the infection from spreading.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Mycobutol 400 Mg?
You are always advised to take Mycobutol 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. You should complete the course of Antibiotic to prevent the relapse of the Infection.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Mycobutol 400 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Mycobutol 400 Mg (Ethambutol)?
- Pain and swelling of joints
- Loss of vision or blurred vision
- Burning or tingling sensation of hands and feet
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Mycobutol 400 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamin and Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Cholera Vaccine
It also interacts with the following diseased conditions:
Warning And Precaution:
Mycobutol 400 mg should be used cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Kidney Function
- Drug Resistance
- Vision Impairment
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep monitoring the Blood Glucose Levels and Eye Functions regularly
- Initial and after treatment Kidney and Liver Function should be noted down at intervals
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Mycobutol 400 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Always take the doses on time and regularly as per schedule. Do not stop in between even if you feel better.
Store the Mycobutol 400 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.