Augmentin 1000 Mg
USA Brand Name
Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid
Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)
What Is The Generic Name For Augmentin 1000 Mg?
Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid is the generic version for Augmentin 1000 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
About Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)
Augmentin 1000 mg contains an active ingredient, Amoxicillin (875 mg) Clavulanic Acid (125 mg), which is used in the treatment of many Bacterial Infections. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Augmentin 1000 mg.
Augmentin 1000 mg contains an active ingredient, Amoxicillin (875 mg) Clavulanic Acid (125 mg). It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
Augmentin 1000 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Acute Bacterial Sinusitis
- Severe Dental Abscess
How Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid) Works?
Augmentin 1000 mg is an antibiotic which has Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid, two active ingredients. Amoxicillin kills bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Basically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance called Peptidoglycan which provides the strength required for the survival of bacteria.
Clavulanic acid blocks the enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate the Antibiotic.
Before You Use Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid):
- Make sure that you are not allergic to it.
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problem
- Make sure that you don’t have Penicillin associated jaundice and skin rashes
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
- You should avoid driving unless you feel comfortable to drive
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
You should not take Augmentin 1000 mg if you:
- Have an allergy to these Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have any Liver and kidney disease
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the penicillin antibiotics
- Have any Renal (Kidney) Impairment or liver disease
- Are taking birth control pills as these antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of these pills
- Are going for Urine and blood test for Liver Function Test
- Are Pregnant or trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are taking Alcohol
- Are taking other antibiotics and medicines
Augmentin 1000 mg is available in various strengths hence dosage and time should be instructed by your doctor only depending upon the complication or severity of the infection. Augmentin contains amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, an effective antibiotic combination for bactericidal action.
Age, weight, and severity of infection will be considerable factors for the antibiotic usage. In adults and children > 40kg weight, dose formulation of Augmentin; amoxicillin 750 mg and clavulanic acid 325 mg should be given. If it is considered that a higher daily dose is required than another higher dose of formulation is to be given in spite of giving unnecessary multiple doses of small strength Augmentin.
You should take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor at a fixed time and preferably with food to prevent the upset of the stomach.
How Much Of The Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid) to Be Used?
Augmentin 1000 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Augmentin 1000 mg. Do not take multiple doses of small strength if you require a higher dose of the antibiotic.
How To Take The Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
Augmentin 1000 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is better to take it with food to prevent stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
You are always advised to take Augmentin 1000 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take Augmentin 1000 for than two weeks and more than two doses at one time.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you have suspected an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Augmentin 1000 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Augmentin 1000 Mg (Amoxicillin Clavulanic Acid)?
- Allergic Reactions: rashes, fever, skin itching, swelling of organs, inflammation, etc.
- Skin Rashes
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Augmentin 1000 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Oral Anticoagulants
- Mycophenolate Mofetil
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Augmentin 1000 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Always talk to your doctor if you are going for urine and blood test for liver function Test.
- You may have loose stools while taking Augmentin 1000 mg. It will get better after completion of the course. But tell your doctor if condition worsens.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used if you have in Allergy to these antibiotics.
- Augmentin 1000 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course and do not take it more than two weeks.
Store the Augmentin 1000 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.