Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml
USA Brand Name
Augmentin Dry Syrup
Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)
What Is The Generic Name For Augmentin Dry Syrup?
Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid is the generic version for Augmentin Dry Syrup
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Augmentin Dry Syrup (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
Augmentin Dry Syrup
About Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml contains an active ingredient, Amoxicillin (200 mg) Clavulanic Acid (28.5 mg), which is used in the treatment of many Bacterial Infections. You can find it all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml.Strength:
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml contains an active ingredient, Amoxicillin (200 mg) Clavulanic Acid (28.5 mg). It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Powder In a bottle which is to be reconstituted with water up to 30 ml of volume.
What Are The Uses Of The Augmentin Dry Syrup (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
Augmentin Dry Syrup is used in the treatment of:
- Acute Bacterial Sinusitis
- Severe Dental Abscess
- Other Bacterial Infections
How Augmentin Dry Syrup (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid) Works?
Augmentin Dry Syrup containing two antibiotics as active ingredients:
Amoxicillin, which kills bacteria by attacking their cell wall, that prevents the synthesis of a substance called Peptidoglycan which provides the strength required for the survival of bacteria.
Clavulanic acid, which basically blocks the enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate the Antibiotic
Before You Use Augmentin Dry Syrup (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid):
- Make sure that you are not allergic to it.
- Make sure that you don’t have Penicillin associated jaundice and skin rash problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your pre-existing diseases, Medications, and Surgeries so that he can adjust your dose to be taken.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
- You should avoid driving unless you feel comfortable to drive
- You should strictly avoid all the Medicines without prescriptions
- You should avoid alcohol and other drugs.
When Not To Use Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
You should not take Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml if you:
- Have an allergy to these Bactericidal Antibiotics/Penicillin
- Have any Liver and kidney disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Have Penicillin Associated Jaundice and Allergies like Skin Rash, Inflammation of Blood Vessels, Fever, Joint Pain, Swollen Glands, and Swelling of Face or Mouth (Angioedema).
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the Antibiotics
- Have any Kidney Impairment or liver disease
- Are taking Birth Control Pills as these Antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of these pills
- Are Pregnant or trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are taking Alcohol
- Your doctor should know all the medicines you are taking or diseases you are suffering from.
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml containing Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid, an effective antibiotic combination for killing the bacteria is available in various strengths and substitutes hence dosage and time should be instructed by your doctor only depending upon the complication or severity of the infection.
Age, weight, and severity of infection will be considerable factors for the antibiotic usage. We can use this syrup for babies, children, and adults. If a higher daily dose is required than another higher dose of formulation is to be given in spite of giving unnecessary multiple doses of small strength Augmentin.
How Much Of The Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid) to Be Used?
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml.
How To Take The Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml dose should be taken at a fixed time with food regularly or as prescribed by the doctor.
As it is available in powder form, you need to add sterile water (you can cool it after boiling and add) upto 30 ml mark on the bottle and take the dose as directed.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
You are always advised to take Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml as prescribed by your doctor. You should not stop taking the medicine without completing the course.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. You can skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml (Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid)?
Allergic Reactions: rashes, fever, skin itching, swelling of organs, inflammation, etc.
- Skin Rashes
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Oral Anticoagulants
- Mycophenolate Mofetil
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 ml is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Contact your doctor if you are going for urine and blood test for liver function Test.
- You may have loose stools while taking Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml. It must get better after completion of the course but tell your doctor if condition worsens.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Follow your doctor’s instructions if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this before completion of the course as you can face remission of the infection.
Store the Augmentin Dry Syrup 30 Ml at room temperature in dark and dry place.