Azithral 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alembic Pharmaceuticals, India
Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)
What Is The Generic Name For Azithral 500 Mg?
Azithromycin is the generic version for Azithral 500 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
About Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)
Azithral 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Azithromycin, which is used in the treatment of many bacterial infections like Respiratory Tract Infections, Typhoid, etc. It is easily available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Alembic Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Azithral 500 mg.
Azithral 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Azithromycin, 500 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
Azithral 500 mg is used in the treatment of:
- URTIs (Upper Respiratory Tract Infections)
- Community-Acquired Pneumonia
- Infection of Sinus, Nose, throat, Ear
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infection
How Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin) Works?
Azithral 500 mg is a macrolide antibiotic which has Azithromycin, as an active ingredient. It basically stops the bacterial growth by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins, required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Before You Use Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin):
- Make sure that you are not having Allergy to it
- Make sure that you do not have Liver or Kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
You should avoid taking Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
You should not take Azithral 500 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to the Antibiotic
- Have flu and cold symptoms (these may be due to viral infections, not bacterial infection)
- Have any Liver or Kidney Disease
- Are pregnant or conceiving
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other medicines
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Azithromycin is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. It is given to the patients according to the age, and severity of the infection.
One Daily dose of Azithral 500 mg for adults at a fixed time is said to be enough for the Infections but you should always consult with your doctor if infection persists. You can take the oral dose with or without food.
How Much Of The Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin) to Be Used?
Azithral 500 mg is a potent antibiotic having an advantage that only one daily dose is enough for the patients. It is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Azithral 500 mg.
How To Take The Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
Azithral 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow (orally) the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
You are always advised to take Azithral 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an overdose
You should try to take every dose of Azithral 500 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Azithral 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Azithral 500 Mg (Azithromycin)?
Azithral 500 mg can cause nausea and Diarrhea commonly but if this becomes serious and persistence and if you noticed blood or mucus in your stool than stop using this medicine.
Other Side Effects are:
- Dry or Scaly skin
- Difficult or Painful Urination
- Abdominal Pain
- Excessive Air/Gas in Stomach
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Azithral 500 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Aluminum Hydroxide or Magnesium Hydroxide
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- QT prolongation
- Myasthenia Gravis
Warning And Precaution:
Azithral 500 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- It should be avoided in Liver Damage
- Azithral 500 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Azithral 500 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.