Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml
USA Brand Name
Ajanta Pharma, India
Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml (Azithromycin)
What Is The Generic Name For Azithromycin?
Azithromycin is the generic version for Zaha Eye Drop
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
- Azasite Eye Drop
About Zaha Eye Drops (Azithromycin):
Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml contains an active ingredient, Azithromycin, a macrolide antibiotic which is used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis. You may buy it from all the leading online pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
Ajanta Pharma (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Zaha Eye Drops.
Zaha Eye Drops 1% w/v contains an active ingredient, Azithromycin 1% w/v, in a 3 ml bottle which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
Azithromycin is used in the treatment of:
How Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml (Azithromycin) Works?
Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml is consisting of Azithromycin, an antibiotic which basically works by interfering with essential protein synthesis thereby preventing the bacteria from growing and reproducing.
Before You Use Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml (Azithromycin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Azithromycin
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
- You should avoid alcohol consumption
- Avoid using Contact Lenses
- Avoid Driving or any other important activity as it may cause blurred vision for sometime
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- You should avoid the use of another eye drop within 24 hrs of its use.
When Not To Use Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
You should avoid Azithromycin if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have redness, swelling or inflammation in eyes
- Are going outside as it is sunlight sensitive
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to Azithromycin or any of its contents
- Are going to use it for babies < 1 year
- Have any pressure problem inside the eye (Glaucoma)
- Are using it since long as long term use of Azithromycin can cause secondary infection
- Are taking other medicines for eye only
- Have redness, swelling, itching or other severe inflammation in the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having an infection which is getting worse even after using the Eye Drops
Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml contains an active ingredient, Azithromycin, which is used in the treatment of Conjunctivitis and should be given on prescription. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml at a fixed time, preferably in morning and evening time or prescribed by your doctor.
How Much Of The Zaha Eye Drops 3 ml (Azithromycin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Azithromycin. It is better to take one drop each eye at one time.
How To Take The Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml should be taken at a fixed time once or twice a day as directed by your doctor. You may take it by holding the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Then, gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid/ear. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/ Tissue.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
You are always advised to use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended. Inform your doctor if you are taking it since long as it may cause secondary infection.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the Eye Drops should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time to make up the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml (Azithromycin)?
- Stinging in Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Secondary Infections
- Dry Mouth
- Azithromycin in other dosage forms can cause more side effects not listed here.
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Zaha Eye Drops which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well-planned medication can be followed. Tell your doctor about the eye drops you are using other than Zaha Eye Drops.
Warning And Precaution:
Zaha Eye Drop 3 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- Babies or Children
- Eye disorders or inflammation
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch the tip of the Eye Drop while using it and use it within a month once opened
- You should not take part in activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely as your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering the eye drops
- Keep 5-10 min interval between two eye drops if you are using multiple eye drops at the same time
- Clean your hands and eyes before using the Eye Drops
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not use it for a longer period as long term of Azithromycin raises the chances of Secondary Infection
Store it at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.