Cefoprox 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime)
What Is The Generic Name For Cefoprox 100 Mg:
Cefpodoxime is the generic version for Cefoprox 100 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cefoprox 100 mg (Cefpodoxime):
About Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime):
Cefoprox 100 mg contains an active ingredient Cefpodoxime 100 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is also used to prevent infections after surgery. You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cefoprox 100 mg.
Cefoprox 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Cefpodoxime 100 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime):
Cefoprox 100 mg is used in several Bacterial Infections:
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Ear Infection (Otitis Media)
- Soft-tissue Infection
- Genital Infection
- Gonococcal infection
How Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime) Works:
Cefoprox 100 mg (Cefpodoxime) is an antibiotic which kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Before You Use Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Cefpodoxime
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Cefoprox 100 mg with Blood thinners
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime):
You should avoid Cefoprox 100 mg if you:
- Have severe Diarrhea or Bloody Stool
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are on blood thinners
- Get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have severe kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Cefoprox 100 mg contains Cefpodoxime 200 mg which is used in the treatment of various bacterial infections. Cefoprox 100 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cefoprox 100 mg at a fixed time with food to avoid stomach upset. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cefoprox 100 mg.
How To Take The Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime):
Cefoprox 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time routinely. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime)
You are always advised to take Cefoprox 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Cefoprox 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cefoprox 100 Mg (Cefpodoxime)
- Abdominal pain
- Dark or clay colored stools
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelids, tongue, hands and feet
- Acid or sour stomach
- Excessive air or gas in stomach
- Blurred Vision
- Redness of skin
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
The medicines you are already taking may interact with Cefoprox 100 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Aluminium Hydroxide/Magnesium Hydroxide
- Ethinyl Estradiol
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Impaired Kidney/ Liver functions
- It may interfere with the Coomb’s Test.
Warning And Precaution:
Cefoprox 100 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Cefpodoxime
- Clostridium difficile-associated Diarrhea
- Impaired Kidney/Liver Function
- Drug Resistance
It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and infants less than 2 months of age.
Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Cefoprox 100 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Cefoprox 100 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.