Cifran OD 1 Gm
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharma Medisales, India
Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)
What Is The Generic Name For Cifran OD 1 Gm?
Ciprofloxacin is the generic version for Cifran OD 1 gm
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)?
About Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)
Cifran OD 1 gm contains an active ingredient, Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic, which is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections like Tuberculosis, Infections of Urinary Tract, Tonsils, Sinus, Nose, Throat, Female Genital Organ, Skin, and Soft Tissues, Windpipe, and Lungs (Pneumonia). It is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharma Medical (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cifran OD 1 gm.
Cifran OD 1 gm contains an active ingredient, Ciprofloxacin, 1 gm. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)?
Cifran OD 1 gm is used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections:
- Urinary Tract
- Skin and Soft Tissues
- Sinus, Nose, and Throat
- Joint Infection
- Gonococcal Infection
- Female Genital Problems
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infection
How Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin) Works?
Cifran OD 1 gm ia an antibiotic which has Ciprofloxacin, an antibiotic which basically kills the bacteria by inhibiting the DNA replication.
Before You Use Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin):
- Make sure that you do not take Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not take OTC medicines without prescriptions
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or Medication)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid coffee, chocolate, tea, and food containing cocoa and caffeine
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)?
You should not take Cifran OD 1 gm if you:
- Have ever noticed allergy to Bactericidal Antibiotics
- Have flu and cold symptoms
- Have any Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Have Epilepsy
- Are pregnant or conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any other heart disease
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Have Epilepsy or Seizures
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Cifran OD 1 gm contains an active ingredient, Ciprofloxacin (1000 Gm), used in the treatment of Bacterial Infections. Cifran OD 1 gm is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cifran OD 1 gm at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin) to Be Used?
Cifran OD 1 gm is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cifran OD 1 gm.
How To Take The Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)?
Cifran OD 1 gm dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cifran OD 1 Gm?
You are always advised to take Cifran OD 1 gm as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an overdose
You should try to take every dose of Cifran OD 1 gm at a fixed time. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cifran OD 1 Gm (Ciprofloxacin)?
- White patches in the mouth or on the tongue
- Blood in urine and stools
- Swelling of face, lips, eyelid, tongue, hand, and feet
- Muscle Pain
- Fever with Chills
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Abdominal Pain
- Diarrhea/ Black and Tarry Stools
- Sneezing/Running Nose
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Cifran OD 1 gm can interact with some medicines taken parallel to it. These interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other Medication, Beverages or Herbal Supplements. It usually interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Antidiabetic Drugs
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Central Nervous System Disorder
- QT prolongation
- Colitis (Diarrhea, Abdominal Pain, and Blood in Stools)
Warning And Precaution:
Cifran OD 1 gm is contraindicated in some conditions; hence it should be used cautiously in:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Heart Problems
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Patients with liver and kidney disease
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- Cifran OD 1 gm should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Cifran OD 1 gm at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.