Ciplactin 4 Mg
USA Brand Name
What is Ciplactin 4 mg?
Ciplactin 4 mg belongs to the class of drugs known as antihistamines.
Ciplactin tablet 4 mg contains Cyproheptadine as the active ingredient. It treats various allergy symptoms and is also a hunger stimulant.
What is the Ciplactin 4mg tablet uses?
Cyproheptadine tablets can be used in the treatment of :
Ciplactin Tablet stimulates appetite by continuously raising an individual's energy requirements.
It stimulates the appetite and is a safe and efficient method of treating undernutrition or malnutrition.
The Ciplactin Tablet stops the release of chemicals that produce inflammation and symptoms such as a stuffy or runny nose, sneezing, and itchy or watery eyes.
It can be used to treat several inflammatory and allergic conditions.
It decreases your immune response to these illnesses.
Therefore, you should avoid being around sick or infected people.
How does it work?
Ciplactin 4 mg is an antihistamine.
It inhibits the function of chemical messengers responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic responses.
Ciplactin 4mg is also used for weight gain.
It increases the appetite due to the steady increase in calorie intake and the promotion of growth hormone release.
Doses of tab Ciplactin 4mg
Keep the following instructions in mind for taking medicine:
- Take this medication according to your doctor's prescribed dosage and duration
- You may require this medication on days when you experience symptoms, or you may need to take it daily to avoid symptoms.
- If you stop taking it before directed, your symptoms may return
- Swallow the pill whole
- Not to be chewed, crushed, or broken
- Taking Ciplactin Tablet with or without meals is permissible, although it is best to take it at a defined time
Note: Make sure not to drive after taking this medication as it can make you feel dizzy.
An overdose of this medication may produce symptoms like drowsiness, dizziness, anxiety, restlessness, excitement, agitation, trembling, seizures, hallucinations, dry mouth, fixed, etc.
In addition to the aforementioned symptoms, an overdose of this medicine may induce breathing difficulties and heart failure.
Call your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately if you experience any symptoms or believe you have taken too much of this medication.
Never skip your dose since it might result in treatment failure.
If you forget to take your prescription, take it immediately upon remembering.
If it is time for your next dosage, skip the dose you missed and resume your usual dosing regimen.
Do not take a double dose of the medication to compensate for a missing dose.
Side effects of Ciplactin 4 mg ( Cyproheptadine )
Generally, 4 mg of Ciplactin is safe to use.
However, a few patients may experience side effects like:
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash, itching
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhea, constipation
Note: Ciplactin ( Cyproheptadine ) is a prescription-based medication. If you experience any side effects mentioned above, contact your doctor immediately.
Ciplactin tablet 4 mg may react with other drugs or food you are taking.
It can also interact with diseases you are suffering from.
Hence it is always advisable to open up your medical history and any medicines you are taking with your doctor.
- Do not take medicine with any other anti-allergic oral or topical medication
- MAO inhibitors like Selegiline and Phenelzine
- CNS depressants like hypnotics (Zolpidem, Zopiclone), sedatives (Clonazepam, Diazepam), tranquilizers (Lorazepam, Alprazolam), antianxiety (Citalopram, Sertraline)
- Consult your physician before using any herbal supplements
- Bladder Neck Obstruction
- Severe kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Heart disease
- Bronchial Asthma
- Difficulty in urination
Before using Ciplactin 4 mg pills, it would be helpful if you considered the following:
- You must not use it in cases of Hypersensitivity
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before using tab Ciplactin 4mg
- Alcohol use is contraindicated while using this medication
- Patients above the age of 60 years may experience dizziness while using this medicine
- Children may get hyperactive or excited after taking Ciplactin 4 mg
For the treatment of allergic conditions in kids, you may want to consider Fexogra 180 mg tablets.
Store below 25 degrees Celsius in a clean, dry location away from moisture, light, and heat.
Keep children and animals away from the medication.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ciplactin used for?
Ciplactin tablets treat allergic reactions like congestion, watery eyes, sneezing, etc.
The medicine also helps treat malnutrition by increasing the appetite of the patients.
Is Ciplactin a steroid?
The 4 mg tablet of Ciplactin falls within the category of antihistamines.
It is neither an opioid nor a steroid.
Does Ciplactin help gain weight?
The Ciplactin Tablet works to increase appetite by continually improving the amount of energy that is required from an individual.
It is a treatment that is both safe and effective for treating undernutrition as well as malnutrition, and it also increases appetite.