Ciplactin 4 Mg
US Brand Name
Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)
What Is The Generic Name For Ciplactin 4 Mg?
Cyproheptadine is the generic version for Ciplactin 4 mg
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
About Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)
Ciplactin 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Cyproheptadine, which is used in the treatment of Allergic Reactions like: Congestion, Inflammation, Itching, Hives, Watery Eyes, Sneezing, etc. It is available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Ciplactin 4 mg.
Ciplactin 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Cyproheptadine, 4 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
Ciplactin 4 mg is used in:
- Allergic Disorders
- Appetite Stimulation
- Migraine/Vascular Headache
How Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine) Works?
Ciplactin 4 mg is an antihistamine which has Cyproheptadine, as an active ingredient. It basically blocks the chemical messengers responsible for Allergic Reactions like Inflammation, Itching, Congestion, etc.
Before You Use Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine):
- Make sure that you are not going to drive because Ciplactin is responsible for Dizziness and Sleepiness.
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol as it causes extreme Dizziness or Drowsiness.
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history
What Should You Avoid While Taking Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
- You should avoid Driving
- You should avoid alcohol or other Medicines which can affect brain activity.
When Not To Use Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
You should not take Ciplactin 4 mg if you:
- Have an allergy to the Medicine
- Are pregnant or conceiving
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have an allergy to the tablet
- Have any kidney or liver disease
- Are taking alcohol or other drugs
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Disease like Epilepsy
- Are taking another medicine or having another disease then mentioned
Ciplactin 4 mg contains an active ingredient, Cyproheptadine, which is used in the treatment of Allergic Reactions like Congestion, Inflammation, Itching, Hives, Watery Eyes, Sneezing, etc.
How Much Of The Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine) to Be Used?
Ciplactin 4 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Ciplactin 4 mg.
How To Take The Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
Ciplactin 4 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is always better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
You are always advised to take Ciplactin 4 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions and prescription given by your doctor. Do not take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer period than recommended.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Ciplactin 4 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Ciplactin 4 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take the extra dose at the next dosage time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Ciplactin 4 Mg (Cyproheptadine)?
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Ciplactin 4 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication. It interacts with the following medicine:
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Bladder Neck Obstruction
Warning And Precaution:
You should be cautious while taking Ciplactin 4mg in cases like:
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Patients with kidney disease
- Elderly Patients
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitor Therapy
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy).
- Ciplactin 4 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Ciplactin 4 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.