Ciplar LA 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Ciplar-LA is marketed globally by Cipla and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Ciplar-LA is Propranolol Hydrochloride. Propranolol Hydrochloride is used in the treatment of Hypertension, essential tremor, obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, pheochromocytoma, stable angina, prophylaxis of migraine headaches and adjunctive management of thyrotoxicosis.
Manufacturer of Ciplar-LA
Ciplar-LA, that contains Propranolol Hydrochloride, is manufactured by Cipla. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India and is available at all the leading online pharmacies, drugstores and medical supply stores.
Ciplar-LA contains 80 mg of Propranolol Hydrochloride.
USA Brands Equivalent to Propranolol Hydrochloride, The Salt in Ciplar-LA
- Inderal LA
- Inderal XL
- InnoPran XL
Uses of Propranolol Hydrochloride
It is used in the treatment of:
- Hypertension- It is a condition in which your blood pressure is elevated
- Essential Tremor- It is a rhythmical and alternating movement that affects mainly hands and arms.
- Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy- It is a disorder that affects the muscle of the heart. It may result in the enlargement of the heart.
- Pheochromocytoma- It is a tumor that develops in the adrenal gland.
- Stable Angina- It is a type of chest pain that occurs due to reduced blood flow to heart
- Prophylaxis of Migraine Headache
How Ciplar-LA Works
Ciplar-LA, that contains Propranolol Hydrochloride, works by non- selectively blocking beta-adrenergic receptors in the heart. Thus it reduces-
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Myocardial contractility (It is the capacity of the heart muscle to contract)
- Myocardial oxygen demand (It is the requirement of oxygen by the muscle of heart)
How to take Ciplar-LA
Ciplar-LA, that contains 80 mg of Propranolol Hydrochloride, can be administered with or without food.
Long-acting Propranolol Hydrochloride, the active salt in Ciplar-LA is available in doses which range from 80 mg to 640 mg at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. A more specific dose will be directed by your doctor according to your indication.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Ciplar-LA?
It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Propranolol Hydrochloride, The Salt In Ciplar-LA
The following drugs are known to interact with Ciplar-LA:
- Beta 2 Agonists
- Amiodarone Phenothiazine Antipsychotics
- Calcium Channel Blockers
When Not To Take Ciplar-LA
Do not take Ciplar-LA if you have allergic reactions to the salt or any of the excipients present in the formulation.
Side Effects Of Ciplar-LA
Some patients may have allergic reactions. Inform your physician if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face, etc.
- Signs of low blood sugar like dizziness, headache, fast heartbeat, shaking, weakness
- Chest pain
- Confusion, hallucinations
- Memory problems, mood changes
- Numbness or tingling feeling
- Change in eyesight
- Shortness of breath, weight gain, leg swelling or swelling in the arms
- Slow heartbeat
- Feeling cold
- Skin reactions
- An upset stomach
Overdose of Propranolol Hydrochloride, The Salt In Ciplar-LA
Overdose symptoms may include slow or irregular heartbeat, dizziness, weakness, fainting. IN case overdoses of Ciplar-LA is suspected, seek medical attention immediately.
General Information And Precautions
- Inform your physician if you are allergic to Propranolol Hydrochloride or any other excipients present in the formulation.
- Inform your physician if you are allergic to similar drugs or to any other drugs or food items in general. (Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face, etc.)
- Do not stop taking this drug all of a sudden. If you do, in some cases heart attack can occur or you can have worse chest pain. The risk is more if you have certain types of heart disease.
- Inform your physician if you have any of the following health problems- asthma, heart failure, heart block or sick sinus syndrome or a slow heartbeat.
- Inform your physician if you are a smoker or an alcoholic.
- If you have diabetes- monitor sugar levels closely.