Cutisoft Cream 1% (10gm)
USA Brand Name
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm (Hydrocortisone)
What Is The Generic Name For Cutisoft Cream?
Hydrocortisone is the generic version for Cutisoft Cream
Which US Brand is Equivalent To Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm (Hydrocortisone)?
About Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm (Hydrocortisone)
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm contains an active ingredient, Hydrocortisone, which is a corticosteroid present 1 % w/v in a 10 gm tube that occurs naturally in the body affecting some functions. It is used to prevent Swelling, Pain, and Inflammation by treating allergic reactions or disorders like Arthritis, Eczema, Psoriasis, etc.
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm is available at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
IPCA (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm.
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 gm contains an active ingredient, Hydrocortisone, 1% w/w w/w in a 10 gm tube. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w (Hydrocortisone)?
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w is used in the treatment of:
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Swelling and pain in any disease condition
- Acute asthma
- Skin allergies and swelling
- Hemorrhoids and swelling of the intestinal lining
How Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w (Hydrocortisone) Works?
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w has an active ingredient, Hydrocortisone, a naturally occurring corticosteroid (anti-inflammatory medicine) which works by reducing inflammatory symptoms like redness, itching, and swelling caused by various skin conditions.
Before You Use Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w (Hydrocortisone):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that are not taking Alcohol or Any Herbal Supplement
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (Pre-existing Disease, Surgeries, Medications, etc. )
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w?
- You should not drive after taking this tablet
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should completely avoid Epidural Injection
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w (Hydrocortisone)?
You should not take Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w if you:
- Have Allergy to Hydrocortisone
- Have used it for 7 days until prescribed by the doctor again
- Have Acne and Broken Skin
- Are suffering from bacterial infection like impetigo (red sores on the face), viral infections like cold sores or fungal infections such as athlete’s foot
- Have severe Liver Disease/Kidney Dysfunctioning/Heart Disease/High Blood Pressure
- Have Diabetes and Infections
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergic to Hydrocortisone
- Have any Infection or Inflammation
- Have any bacterial Infection (Impetigo), Fungal Infection (Athletes’ Foot) or viral infection (Cold or sores)
- Have Seizures/psychotic disorders/ fits
- Have any Heart Disease or Hypertension
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w contains an active ingredient, Hydrocortisone, which is a natural Hormone produce in the body and affects many body functions. It is also helpful in treating the deficiency of steroidal hormones in the body. It is available as a tablet, an injection, and a cream and should be given on prescription only. You should ask your doctor for the dosage and time because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person and it can be judged by your doctor only.
Adults are advised to take Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with food. It should be used cautiously in infants, children (<10 years), and old age people (>65 years).
How Much Of The Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w (Hydrocortisone) to Be Used?
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w.
How To Apply The Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w 10 Gm (Hydrocortisone)?
Cutisoft Cream should be applied with washed dry hands on the affected area and let the area absorb the cream for some time by rubbing it properly and after that, you must wash your hands thoroughly with water unless your hand is the affected area.
Avoid its contact with your eye, ear, mouth, or other sensitive organs and wash with water in case of accidental contact.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w?
You are always advised to take Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop this medicine abruptly as it may lead to Withdrawal Effects. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. You are not advised to take it in smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
You may experience the symptoms of overdose when applied more times than prescribed. In this case, contact your doctor immediately.
Do not apply cream more than required because it will only get piled up on the excessive application.
You should apply Cutisoft Cream at a fixed time regularly and if missed then it should be applied as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next. Do not apply more cream to make up the missed dose as it will just pile up the cream.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w?
- Delayed Wound Healing
- Extreme Changes in Mood
- Fever and Sore Throat
- Convulsions (Seizures)
- Swelling Of Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands, and Feet
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Changes in Vision
- Severe Allergic Reaction
- Muscle Weakness
- Black or Tarry Stools
- Unwanted Hair Growth
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Live attenuated vaccines and related products
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
Warning And Precaution:
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Psychiatric Disturbances
- Wounds or injuries as it may delay the healing process
- Infants and Children as it alters the growth and development process
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- Avoid direct contact of this medication with the eyes, nose, mouth, skin folds, anal or vaginal area, etc. but if it happens accidentally, immediately rinse with water thoroughly.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Store the Cutisoft Cream 1% w/w at room temperature in dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.