Depin 5 mg
USA Brand Name
Depin-5 is marketed by Zydus Cadila and is available at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore and medical supply store. The active ingredient present in Depin-5 is Nifedipine. Depin-5 is primarily used for relief from signs and symptoms of hypertension and angina pectoris.
Manufacturer of Depin-5
Depin-5, that contains 5 mg of Nifedipine, is manufactured primarily by Zydus Cadila It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India.
Depin-5 contains 5 mg of Nifedipine.
USA Brands Equivalent To Nifedipine, The Salt Present In Depin-5
- Adalat CC
- Afeditab CR
- Nifediac CC
- Nifedical XL
Uses of Depin-5
It is used in relieving signs and symptoms of:
- Hypertension: It is a medical condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries is persistently increased. Nifedipine, the salt present in Depin blocks the calcium channels present in the smooth muscles of blood vessels. This leads to the relaxation of blood vessels and thus helps in reducing the symptoms of hypertension.
- Angina Pectoris: It is a condition marked by severe pain in chest, often spreading to the shoulders, arms and neck, and occurs due to an inadequate supply of blood to the heart. Nifedipine, the salt present in Depin blocks the calcium channels present in the smooth muscles of blood vessels. This leads to the relaxation of blood vessels and thus brings more blood to the heart which helps in reducing the symptoms of angina pectoris.
How Depin-5 Works
The drug mainly acts by inhibiting the calcium channel blockers which are mainly present in the blood vessels, SA and AV nodes of heart. By inhibiting calcium channel blockers the drug helps in dilating blood vessels and improve blood supply to the heart and thus helps in reducing hypertension and angina pectoris.
How To Take Depin-5
Depin, that contains the salt Nifedipine, can be administered with regards to meals. Take the drug early in the morning if your drug is prescribed for once daily use. Strictly follow the instructions given by your physician while using this drug.
Dosage Of Depin-5
Nifedipine, the active salt present in Depin is to be taken in dosage which ranges from 5 mg to 90 mg and is available at all the leading online pharmacies, drugstores and medical supply stores. A more specific dose will be directed by your doctor.
How Long Should I Continue Taking Depin-5
Depin-5, that contains the salt Nifedipine, is a need to basis medicine. It is always advisable to consult your physician before you start/stop taking the drug. Avoid taking such decisions on your own and do not self-medicate.
Missed Dose of Depin-5
The possible chances of missing the dose of the drug are minimal. A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take multiple doses at the same time
Drugs That Interact With Depin-5
The following drugs are known to interact with Depin-5:
- Antifungal Agents
- Antipsychotic Agents
- Fusidic Acid
When Not To Take Depin-5
Do not take Depin-5 if you are allergic to the salt or any of the excipients (such as lactose) present in the formulation.
Side Effects of Depin-5
Allergic side effects may show up in some patients. They vary from person to person. Inform your doctor if you have any specific effects after using the drug (Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.)
- Chest pain
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal
- Mood swings
- Muscle pain or cramping
- Very bad belly pain
- Very hard stools (constipation)
- Bloody stools
- Dizziness or passing out
- Shortness of breath
- Slow heartbeat
- Swelling in arms/legs
- Weight gain
Call your doctor right away if you have any of the above-mentioned side effects.
Overdose of Nifedipine, The Salt Present in Depin-5
Possible effects of an overdose vary from person to person. If overdose of the drug is suspected, contact your doctor immediately.
General Information And Precautions
- Inform your physician, if you have had a recent heart attack.
- If you are 65 years of age or above, caution should be taken while having this drug.
- Consumption of alcohol may increase stomach problems.
- If you have an allergy to Nifedipine or any other component of this drug, inform your physician.
- If you are taking any of the following drugs: Carbamazepine, phenobarbital, phenytoin, rifabutin, rifampin, or St. John's wort, inform your physician.
- If you have any kidney or liver problems.
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your medications with others.
- Tell your doctor before starting a new medication including OTC and herbals.