Duova Rotacaps 18+12 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate
Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)
What Is The Generic Name For Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg)?
Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate is the generic version for Duova Rotacaps
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
- Duova Rotacaps
About The Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate):
Duova Rotacaps contains active ingredients, Tiotropium Bromide 18 mcg and Formoterol Fumarate 12 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma, Allergic Conditions and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder. You may find it from all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the top leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Duova Rotacaps (18+12) mcg.
Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg contains active ingredients, Levosalbutamol (18 mcg) and Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate (12 mcg) and available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate):
Duova Rotacaps is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lungs Inflammation
- Constriction of Airways
How Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate) Works?
Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg consists of active ingredients:
- Formoterol Fumarate is a long-acting bronchodilator that basically relaxes the muscles in the airways and makes breathing easier.
- Tiotropium Bromide works by decreasing the activity of acetylcholine on the lungs which relax and opens up the air passages to make breathing easier.
Before You Use Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Levosalbutamol Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate
- You are not taking the medicines without prescriptions or without in knowledge of your doctor
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
- You should avoid Alcohol and other drugs
- Avoid driving and activities that require your alertness
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions as these may react with Duova Rotacaps.
When Not To Use Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
You should avoid Rotacaps if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart Problem/Hypertension
- Have Eye Problems like Glaucoma, and others
- Are taking medicines which can react with it
- Always discuss your medications with your doctor especially when you are going to take some new medicines
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to the Rotacaps or any of its contents
- Have Allergic Conditions like Skin Rashes, Urticaria, Skin Allergy, Angioedema, etc.
- Have Heart Problems like Chest Pain and Irregular Heartbeats
- Have Hypertension
- Have pain or discomfort in the eye, blurred vision, and Glaucoma
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having any other Disease, Surgeries or you are on other medications
Duova Rotacaps contains active ingredients, Tiotropium Bromide 18 mcg, and Formoterol Fumarate 12 mcg, used in the treatment of Asthma and other Allergic Conditions. Rotacaps may be available in various strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose of the medicine as the age and severity of the disease differ in each patient.
Adults and Children are advised to take Duova Rotacaps at a fixed time. Do not take larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It should be used cautiously in pregnant and breastfeeding women.
How Much Of The Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate) to Be Used?
You should inhale the contents of Duova Rotacaps as your doctor has directed. Moreover, follow your doctor’s instructions for the dose and usage.
If you need to take more doses than prescribed; it means you have a serious problem and you need to consult it with your doctor as soon as possible.
How To Take The Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
Do not swallow Duova Rotacaps. Put the capsule at the base of Rotahaler (a device to put Rotacaps inside) keeping it straight while loading the dose. Now, twist the mouthpiece of Rotahaler completely until you hear a click sound and breathe in deeply through the mouthpiece. Hold your breath for 10 seconds and relax.
In case some powder remains in the Rotahaler, you should repeat the above process
For How Long Should You Use Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
You are always advised to use Duova Rotacaps for as long as your doctor has prescribed. Do not use it longer than prescribed to prevent yourself from adverse effects.
Call your doctor immediately or reach a nearby hospital for an emergency if you are suspecting the symptoms of an overdose.
A missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose and do not double the dose for next time if you missed once to avoid the adverse effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Duova Rotacaps (18+12) Mcg (Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate)?
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Uneven Heart Beats
- Swelling of Ankles or Feet
- Pain or Burning With Urination
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Sleeping Problems (Insomnia)
- Hoarseness/Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Dry Mouth/Unusual Taste in Your Mouth
- Numbness or Tingly Feeling
- Blurred Vision/Myalgia
- Nose Bleeding
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines may interact with Duova Rotacaps which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It may react with few drugs below:
- Adrenergic Agents
- Anticholinergic Agents
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors
- Receptor Blocking Agents
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution:
Duova Rotacaps should be used cautiously in:
- Heart Disease or Disorders
- Eye Disorders (Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Etc)
- It is not recommended for pregnant/Breastfeeding women without consultation with a doctor
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in medical conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Regularly wipe the mouthpiece of Rotacaps with a fiber-free tissue/cloth.
- You should keep the Rotacaps covered with a cap after use
- You must contact your doctor if you are having any doubts regarding the dose, time, and strength of the medication.
- Do not use Duova Rotacaps until recommended by your physician
- It is very important to check the label for the usage directions and Read the information on insert carefully
Store the Duova Rotacaps at the cool temperature in a dark and dry place. Do not freeze it.