Duvadilan Retards 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abbott Pharmaceuticals, India
Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)
What Is The Generic Name For Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg?
Isoxsuprine HCl is the generic version for Duvadilan Retard 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
About Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl):
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Isoxsuprine HCl, a vasodilator or tocolytic, which is used for Preterm Labor. You may get it from all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores but only on doctor’s prescription.
Abbott Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Duvadilan Retard 40 mg.
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg contain an active ingredient, Isoxsuprine HCl 40 mg per tablet which is in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg Is Used in:
- Preterm Labor
- Cerebral Vascular Insufficiency
- Raynaud’s Phenomenon
How Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl) Works?
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsule contains Isoxsuprine HCl, a tocolytic and vasodilator which basically relaxes the muscles of the uterus and prevents preterm delivery.
Before You Use Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Isoxsuprine HCl
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid driving or doing physical exercise which involves your alertness
- You should avoid standing suddenly after taking the medicine
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
You should not take Duvadilan Retard 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Bleeding Disorders/ Heart Disease
- Have Glaucoma or other eye problem
- Have Breast/Uterus Disorder/Cancer
- Have Vaginal Bleeding or other serious problem
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Are above 65 years
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Bleeding Disorders
- Have Eye Problem or Glaucoma
- Have Sexual Dysfunctioning
- Have Diabetes/Heart Problems/Irregular Heartbeats
- Have High Blood Pressure/Migraine
- Have Breast/Uterus cancer or Removal Procedure or Any Uterus Problem (Endometrial Hyperplasia)
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Isoxsuprine HCl, which is used in Preterm labor and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration and dosage as taking it for a long time may lead to adverse effects or serious problems.
Adults are advised to take Duvadilan Retard 40 mg at a fixed time with or without food as suggested by the doctor. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl) To Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Duvadilan Retard 40 mg capsules.
How To Take The Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
Duvadilan Retard 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Try not to chew or crush it. You can take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
You are always advised to take Duvadilan Retard 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in the large amount/or for a long period.
You should always contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting any symptoms of an Overdose.
A missed dose of Duvadilan Retard 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is missed. Do not take two doses next time to make up for the missed dose.
What Are TheSide Effects Of The Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg (Isoxsuprine HCl)?
- Upset stomach
- Facial flushing
- Chest pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Duvadilan Retard 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
Duvadilan Retard 40 Mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Breast/Uterus Cancer
- Blood-Related Disorders
- Eye Problems
- Sexually Transmitted Disease
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Epilepsy/Asthma/Migraine/Heart Disease
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
Always consult with your doctor for all the pre-existing Diseases and medications to get the best possible treatment and dose adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Always rise slowly from sitting or lying position to avoid falling due to postural Hypotension
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do consult with your doctor in case of any confusion of dose, time, and route of administration of the medication.
Do not stop Duvadilan Retard 40 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Duvadilan Retard 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.