Efiplat 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceuticals, India
Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl)
Prasugrel Hcl is the generic version for Cordarone
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
About Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl)
Efiplat 10 mg contains Prasugrel Hcl, as an antiplatelet drug which is used in the prevention of blood clots and available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Efiplat 10 mg.
Efiplat 10 mg contains Prasugrel Hcl 10 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
NWhat Are The Uses Of The Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
Efiplat 10 mg is used in the prevention of Blood Clot and protecting one from another Heart Attack.
How Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl) Works:
Efiplat 10 mg (Prasugrel Hcl) is an antiplatelet drug which basically prevents the platelets from sticking together thereby decreasing the formation of harmful blood clots. Thus, it lowers the chances of heart attack or stroke.
Before You Use Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Prasugrel Hcl
- Your doctor knows about your Pre- existing disease, Surgeries, Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or mechanical job that needs your alertness
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
You should not take Efiplat 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Have had Heart blockage greater than first degree
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have other Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Feel Breathlessness, Persistent Cough, Jaundice, Restless, and Weight Loss/Gain
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Eye Problems
- Will have or had a surgery
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant/ Trying to Conceive/ Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease or taking other medicines
Efiplat 10 mg contains Prasugrel Hcl that is used in the prevention of the Blood clots. It may be available in different strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Efiplat 10 mg at a fixed time regularly with or without food. It has several adverse effects and is prescribed only when the condition is serious and no other treatment is suitable. It must not be given to the patients having bleeding disorders and given very cautiously in patients who are going to have surgeries.
How Much Of The Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl) to Be Used:
Efiplat 10 mg preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition and as instructed by the doctor.
How To Take The Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
Efiplat 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
Take Efiplat 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Patients are not advised to take it in a larger amount than recommended by your doctor.
Call your doctor or reach to nearby hospital immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Efiplat 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Efiplat 10 Mg (Prasugrel Hcl):
- Blurred vision
- Chest discomfort
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mouth ulcers
- Skin rash
- Pain in the arms and leg
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Efiplat 10 mg may interact with other medicines you are taking and can produce some adverse effects or cause the drug not to work properly. Inform your doctor if you are on other medication or Supplements. Grapefruit juice is not recommended with this medicine. Efiplat 10 mg interacts with the following medicines:
Interaction with disease:
- Bleeding Disorders
Warning And Precaution:
Efiplat 10 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- It is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Things To Remember:
- Efiplat increases Bleeding. You should be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails/ toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Monitoring of platelet counts should be done.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Efiplat 10 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not discontinue without completing the course
Store the tablets at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.